PDA

View Full Version : tall spiral hollowform vase

Michelle Rich
02-15-2012, 1:31 PM
i just couldn't let last weeks tall vessel stand. it had spirals. So this week I made one with crossing spirals! just can't seem to help myself. once I get an idea, I'm like a dog with a bone.:eek: I rather like this one a bit more. 15 inches tall and 4 wide. Hollowed from top & bottom.

Doug Herzberg
02-15-2012, 2:08 PM
Michelle, I like your "new direction." Your techniques are way beyond my understanding, but I like the results.

Roger Chandler
02-15-2012, 2:40 PM
Such creativity, Michelle.........you never cease to come up with ideas and inspiration..........what a wonderful ability to have! Nice piece!

Paul Williams
02-15-2012, 3:11 PM
Both are nice, but I like this one better. Really neet work.

Doug W Swanson
02-15-2012, 3:19 PM
I like the symmetry of this one a little better but they are both outstanding!

Steve Vaughan
02-15-2012, 4:20 PM
Hello, my name is Michelle and cannot stop turning.:D:D:eek::p Sorry, I couldn't resist that. That's another really cool piece. Questions - is the very top open or is that little cap looking part at the top actually the top? And, what did you use for that silver-looking accent color? I like this one better, very nice!

Bill Bolen
02-15-2012, 4:24 PM
Very striking piece Michelle! Love everything about it.

Michelle Rich
02-15-2012, 4:30 PM
Steve: :D:D Yes the top is a lid. The vessel was hollowed from the top and the bottom because it is so tall. So it is a vase, but a lidded vase. I guess it could be an urn too.

John Keeton
02-15-2012, 5:33 PM
Michelle, granted, the pic of the other vase was distorted and that makes comparison challenging, but I do like this one better - more balanced and it seems to be more homogenous. Nice work!

Bill Hensley
02-15-2012, 6:58 PM
I like both very much but this one I prefer more for the continuity of the design on the lid.

charlie knighton
02-15-2012, 8:16 PM
very nice, L curve continues, i enjoy your new stuff

BILL DONAHUE
02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
That's too cool! Would have a lot of questions about it if I could see it in person. For now though, what did you do to the surface - the areas between the crossed spirals?

Bernie Weishapl
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Creative and beautiful Michelle. Really enjoying the new direction.

Steve Schlumpf
02-15-2012, 10:58 PM
I think you are on to something here! Love the coloring on this - as well as the elongated form! Something about the design reminds me of... oh, I don't know... something Moroccan, Arabian, etc. Seriously cool design!

Baxter Smith
02-15-2012, 11:04 PM
I really like this one Michele. The top seems to fit the rest of the piece better on this one and the double spiral seems more balanced. It did remind me of my Aladin thermos at first glance though!;):)

Kathy Marshall
02-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Very nice Michelle! Of the two, this would be my favorite, well balanced and just looks great!

Michelle Rich
02-16-2012, 5:53 AM
Bill D. carved

Michelle Rich
02-16-2012, 5:55 AM
BAXTER: alladin thermos? LOL ROTFL that was very funny!

Russell Eaton
02-16-2012, 7:58 AM
Michelle I am in the same boat as most of the others. This piece rocks and I like it more than the last. On a side note, you would be dangerous with a good steady supply of wood.

Michelle Rich
02-16-2012, 8:27 AM
thanks Russell..yep if I had wood..I live waaaayyy north & this area has been logged to death. There used to be a plant here that made oxboard (chip board) and another that makes woodworking biscuits& woodpellets for burning. A tad north of me a plant makes paper products. there is not a 30 yr old tree left standing. To get any wood of any size is impossible. On top of that people who can affored 2nd & 3rd +++ summer homes have invaded and log homes are the fad..so that has used up whatever was left. I have had to resort to lumber to make bowls and other ways to get stuff done. The destruction over the last 30 yrs has made me cry. The wild animals left too,(wolves, bears, fishers, moose, etc) as there is less & less space for them to live. I miss them terribly

Ken Glass
02-16-2012, 8:40 AM
Michelle,
I don't know how I missed this piece. It is absolutely gorgeous. You must have immense patience. Not something I have. The color and form lend well to this piece. It looks very rich and almost looks Egyptian like. A very very nice piece. Well done.