PDA

View Full Version : Festool 1503/3 VS problems

Brad Schmid
03-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Well, it seems I suddenly have a problem with the variable speed control on my Festool 150/3 :( . It runs at full speed no matter where the dial is set. I took off the top thinking there might be dust inside causing a problem. Not the case. It is perfectly clean throughout, with all connections intact. The only thing I can think of is the circuit board must have failed. The tool is 6 months old this week. Anybody else have or heard of this problem? I'm in the middle of a project and not looking forward to the possibility of having to ship it back to Festool for repairs. I know they will give me good service, but just hoping for a quick fix...

Brad

Bob Marino
03-20-2005, 2:22 AM
Brad,

I am not sure where the problem is, but give Dave M, Festool's tool wiz a call on Monday after 11 am PST. I always use the sanders at top speed anyhow, so finishing your project should not be an issue at this point. I would be curious myself as to the cause of this problem.

Bob

Brad Schmid
03-20-2005, 5:57 PM
Thanks Bob,
I'll do that, and will let you know the outcome. You're right, I rarely use it below full speed either. It just so happened I needed to sand near an edge where i didn't want to break the corner so I went to turn it down a little, and nothing happened. I was more surprised than anything... It's certainly won't be an issue finishing the project, as long as the Festool repair center doesn't require me to send it immediately for the warranty to be honored.
Thanks again,
Brad