PDA

View Full Version : Joy "turned" to sorrow - heartbreak on Valentines Day

Roger Chandler
02-14-2012, 1:20 PM
Back after Christmas I was mulling over my options for the $$$$$ I got for Christmas, should I buy more Vortex toys, er, uh, I mean turning tools and related items...........or should I use the funds to do a very badly needed paint job on my wood hauler Dodge pickup. Well, I went for a complete [make it look brand new] paint and body overhaul on the thing........it runs like new. The body only had a few small dings........... I was scheduled to pick it up from the body shop at 2 pm........got a call at 12:30 from the guy, and his employee was backing out of the bay and his foot slipped off the clutch and the thing lunged with the drivers door open.........tore up the drivers door and messed up the freshly painted tailgate.....:eek::eek::eek:....this thing looked like it came out of the show room and the last touch-ups where he was detailing the inside were being completed............literally an hour or so from a completely finished job........... Now the door has to be replaced and hinges, and of course a re-do on the tailgate as well..........I am broken-hearted on Valentines day, ..........bummed out, big time.......of course they will make it all good but a few more days to wait! I needed to "vent" but patience is called for on this one............but I am sad! :(

Jim Underwood
02-14-2012, 1:38 PM
Ouch... sorry to hear that.

Reminds me of the time I spent most of a hot Texas summer in college with fellow students restoring a rusted out Landcruiser (for a missions project).... ...only to have the hood scratched and dented after a fresh paint job. What happened? Our instructor had a run-in with the garage door...:rolleyes:

Matt Meiser
02-14-2012, 1:53 PM
Look at the bright side--it could be worse. You could be the body shop employee. :eek:

Ed Morgano
02-14-2012, 2:05 PM
Look at the bright side--it could be worse. You could be the body shop employee. :eek:

Now that's one guy that is REALLY having a BAD day!

Jim Koepke
02-14-2012, 2:51 PM
Look at the bright side--it could be worse. You could be the body shop employee.

Or even ex-employee...

At least it was not the loss of a person. I almost said true love, but an old truck can be one's true love.

jtk

Steve Vaughan
02-14-2012, 5:01 PM
That is not cool. Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should have deepened the vortex instead?

Tony De Masi
02-14-2012, 5:46 PM
The vortex is getting back at you for not buying more spinny tools Roger.

Tim Morton
02-14-2012, 6:48 PM
First world problems...

Stephen Cherry
02-14-2012, 7:29 PM
Roger- life is full of heartbreak. You got off easy.

Joe Angrisani
02-14-2012, 8:36 PM
Roger- life is full of heartbreak. You got off easy.

Yep. Considering some of the possibilities that went through my head as I was reading the title, you had a non-problem.

David Dobbs
02-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Lol lol lol

Bryan Morgan
02-15-2012, 1:30 AM
Ah it could always be worse. My father in law owns a hot rod shop. He had just finished a car and I guess they need to let it "cure" for a few days. Well the owner didn't want to wait. A nice fire engine red hot (Chevelle I think...maybe a Nova.. I don't remember exactly). Well the guy takes it, after spending something like $40k and parks it on his street which is a hill.... and you can guess what happens next... Yep, left the parking brake off and it rolls down and gets mangled. So he has to tow it back for another $20k or $30k worth of repair work.... not in such a rush this time! :)

Floyd Cox
02-15-2012, 4:17 AM
Too funny. good thing it was the body shops fault.

Myk Rian
02-15-2012, 7:43 AM
Bummer on the damage done.
Back in 69, I had a 61 Chevy, and backed it out of the stall at work. Drove home with the door in the back seat.

Roger Chandler
02-24-2012, 8:27 PM
Well, I got my little wood hauler back from the body shop today! Looks brand new.......still runs like new! Not bad for a '97 model!

Van Huskey
02-24-2012, 9:48 PM
Glad to hear you got your baby back in one piece!

Shawn Pixley
03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I feel for your loss. But it got made right in the end.

A few weeks ago I was making a deal on a new (to me) car, and the dealer wanted to pull my car into the light for a better examination. My previous car was very powerful and a stick shift. The lot was crowded with lots of expensive cars. The dealer reved the engine and popped the clutch. Spinning tires, smoke and a near miss on $ 100K car the dealer had on the lot. He gets out shaken and asks me to move it to the light. I could only imagine what woul have happened if he had taken 3-4 of the cars in the dealership. Dealers and repair garage staff get overly cavelier with cars, doors, etc...

Roger Chandler
03-01-2012, 1:17 PM
I just got the bed of the truck sprayed with a bed liner..........I am actually going to put the pop in liner back in as well just for the structural strength it adds to the bed of the truck.......the spray in liner is durable and won't allow any more chipped or worn paint underneath..........it really looks good now!

I have posted some pics on the turners forum

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?182730-Bradford-Pear-Haul-gloat-soliciting-some-ideas-please-!

Joe Hillmann
03-01-2012, 1:41 PM
Looking at that picture I don't think you quite know what a wood hauler is :)