PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Question

George M. Perzel
02-14-2012, 8:45 AM
Hi gang;
I know that in CorelDraw you can select an object, convert it to curves, break a curve at any point, and then break the curve apart. Is there any way to select multiple curves, which are broken, and break them all apart at once-instead of having to select each and breaking it?
Thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Rodne Gold
02-14-2012, 9:13 AM
I think you could probably do it with the find function , Find all and use various filters to select just the group of objects you want , if you can , and then once the items are found , break apart.

Richard Rumancik
02-14-2012, 11:50 AM
. . . Is there any way to select multiple curves, which are broken, and break them all apart at once-instead of having to select each and breaking it? . . .

I couldn't quite see the issue you were facing without actually opening CorelDraw and trying. It seems that you have multiple shapes side-by-side which have broken nodes, but the curves themselves are not broken. When you try to select the multiple shapes to break them apart all at the same time, CorelDraw greys out the "break (curve) apart" option. Is this the problem you are facing?

What I did notice, is that I can select the multiple broken-node-shapes (either by window or by holding shift) then -> combine, then -> break (curves) apart. Don't change your selection between commands. (If combined first, Corel seemed to let me do what (I think) you want to do.) Rather odd behavior for CorelDraw in any event. Does this help or did I miss?

George M. Perzel
02-14-2012, 7:06 PM
Richard/rodne-thanks for inputs.
Richard-that works- if I select multiple objects which are broken and combine them, I can use "Break curve apart" and getall of them broken apart at once. really handy when I do complex pattern traces and need to eliminate line segments-weird but thanks
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Richard Rumancik
02-14-2012, 8:49 PM
. . Richard-that works- if I select multiple objects which are broken and combine them, I can use "Break curve apart" and getall of them broken apart at once. . .

I agree it seems a bit weird and unexpected; I kinda stumbled upon it. Once I was in CorelDraw I recognized the situation you were in as I have been in similar situations where it was select -> break apart, select -> break apart ad nauseam. I wonder why the CorelDraw programmers thought they needed to turn off the break-apart command for multiple selections? Maybe my method blows up in some cases - I don't know.