PDA

View Full Version : It's done

Jim Young
03-19-2005, 10:39 PM
After finally getting tired of the tools laying in different spots I decided it was high time to make a tool holder. I searched several books for a design and finally found something that I could alter to meet my needs. The case is made of cherry, walnut and birch plywood. My intention was to make the case and back very light so that the walnut would stand out more. When I came back from the store with my Danish oil I realized that I picked up the "cherry" stain one instead of the natural oil. Oh well.

Dick Parr
03-19-2005, 10:46 PM
Very nice Jim, I like the way you arranged everything to have it's place. If it's not there you know you need to be looking for it.

Great Job. :)

David Fried
03-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Looks nice and I bet it's going to work well. It's something we all need!

Gary Max
03-20-2005, 2:58 AM
Great picture quality---I like seeing all those good tools and you did a heck of a job on the case.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-20-2005, 7:36 AM
Great job on the case!I really like this type of case, because it allows you to see, at a glance, if something is missing. BEFORE, you sweep the shop and throw it away DAMHIKT.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2005, 8:41 AM
Great work and organizer! It'll save time on future projects! Everything has it's place.

Ernie Nyvall
03-20-2005, 9:26 AM
Nice job Jim. I've been thinking of doing something similar but yours is a bit further along in the thinking. I'll have to switch gears now that I've seen yours. Thanks for the pics.

Ernie

Andy London
03-20-2005, 9:33 AM
Very well done and thanks for the idea's, I have a pine wall behind the lathe and those custom wood holders are a great idea,,,,a lot better than the finish nails I am using!