PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Fuit Bowl

Bob Bergstrom
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Piece of walnut from the local wood dump. It has some curl right in the center from rim to rim. The curl portion is a yellowish brown. Finished with oil and then two coats of cat-laquer. Measures about 5" high and 7" across. beaded on surface and foot.

John Keeton
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Another nice one, Bob. Kind of a change for you from the maple bowls you have been doing, but a good change. Walnut if a favorite (along with curly maple!), and you did a great job with this one. The foot is a bit taller than you usually do, but I do like the repeating bead pattern.

Bob Bergstrom
02-13-2012, 1:34 PM
Another nice one, Bob. Kind of a change for you from the maple bowls you have been doing, but a good change. Walnut if a favorite (along with curly maple!), and you did a great job with this one. The foot is a bit taller than you usually do, but I do like the repeating bead pattern.
Usually when I bead a foot I taper the foot about a quarter of an inch from the top to the bottom and try to cut each bead a little smaller or larger as I turn them. This one is vertical and different, but I like the other look better.

Bernie Weishapl
02-13-2012, 9:47 PM
Another beauty Bob. I do like the beading.

Jon McElwain
02-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Okay, I think I have looked at this one a dozen times now. I was not really keen on the tall foot, but as I look at the form more, and see the consistency of the beading between the top and bottom, I think it is starting to grow on me.

I like the slightly convex rim treatment!