PDA

View Full Version : Women drivers

Ernie Nyvall
03-19-2005, 8:49 PM
I was driving through Houston the other day when I noticed a woman in a car next to me with her face up in the mirror putting on eye liner. Never even noticing, she swerved over into my lane. It startled me so bad that I dropped my electric razor. The razor hit the donut in my other hand and it flew out the window. The knee I was steering with slipped off the wheel and when I reached to grab it, my cell phone fell from between my shoulder and cheek (and that's not easy to keep there when you're not driving) right into the open container of coffee between my legs, and you know where the coffee went. Well the woman, still not paying attention, kept on coming which forced me to hit the brakes and that sent my left foot crashing into the windshield from where it had been relaxing on the dash.

So all I can do is shake my head and say "women drivers, geez"

Ernie

Michael Perata
03-19-2005, 9:10 PM
You should stop eating donuts in the car. :o

Rob Littleton
03-19-2005, 9:52 PM
I was driving through Houston the other day when I noticed a woman in a car next to me with her face up in the mirror putting on eye liner. Never even noticing, she swerved over into my lane. It startled me so bad that I dropped my electric razor. The razor hit the donut in my other hand and it flew out the window. The knee I was steering with slipped off the wheel and when I reached to grab it, my cell phone fell from between my shoulder and cheek (and that's not easy to keep there when you're not driving) right into the open container of coffee between my legs, and you know where the coffee went. Well the woman, still not paying attention, kept on coming which forced me to hit the brakes and that sent my left foot crashing into the windshield from where it had been relaxing on the dash.

So all I can do is shake my head and say "women drivers, geez"

Ernie

Thats funny. Im gonna use that one :-)

Cheers

Darren Ford
03-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I hear you Ernie, those women are dangerous with machinery of any kind.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-20-2005, 7:31 AM
Ernie,

I really like that one! However, this one leaves out the newspaper on the steering wheel :)

Kirk (KC) Constable
03-20-2005, 7:40 AM
Ernie,

I really like that one! However, this one leaves out the newspaper on the steering wheel :)

C'mon...nobody would believe it if you added in the newspaper. :rolleyes:

KC

Jim Becker
03-20-2005, 10:52 AM
In deference to our female members, both of SMC and in "real life", most of the scariest things I've seen in moving vehicles have been by the male of the species...and, yes, one was the newspaper on the steering wheel while talking on the phone...at 70 mph. I was in the passenger seat. It was the last time, too.

Ernie Hobbs
03-20-2005, 1:23 PM
This is what happens when you merge woodworking and technology.
For the record- this is not for working on the computer while driving. I am on the road and often need to use my laptop to review or record notes on accounts I'm visiting. Also, I am working on my MBA and the lectures are on DVD. I can put the disks in and close the lid and listen the lecture while I'm driving.