PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Sale?

Matt Ellis
02-13-2012, 7:47 AM
I am in the final stages of getting my shop finished, (only been about 18 months since I started digging the foundation) and I am very excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

After doing a lot of reading, I believe I am going to purchase the Grizzly GO441 3hp Cyclone. Probably a little overkill for a one man hobbyist shop, but I have some fairly long runs, and want to make sure I eliminate as much dust as possible.

My question: Does/will Grizzly be running any sales/promotions in the next few months that anyone is aware of? I don't need the cyclone immediately, so I can stand to wait a couple more months if it will save me a few bucks.

Thanks,

-matt

ken gibbs
02-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Why don't you call Grizzly and ask them? They are nice folfks and just ask them. If the individuals in Customer Service know about a pening sale, they will gladly tell you. They will also tell you the approximate time of year that they usually run items on sale.

Guy Belleman
02-14-2012, 4:01 AM
I have asked the same question with Grizzly, they answered the question of when the sale would be and the saws that would be included.

Richard Shaefer
02-14-2012, 8:06 AM
Do Grizz cyclones come with HEPA filters like Oneida and Clear Vue cycones do? Don't know that I'd but a DC w/o a HEPA filter.

Cary Falk
02-14-2012, 8:41 AM
Do Grizz cyclones come with HEPA filters like Oneida and Clear Vue cycones do? Don't know that I'd but a DC w/o a HEPA filter.
I don't think they do yet but I heard a rumor that they will this year.

Dave Aronson
02-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I have asked the same question with Grizzly, they answered the question of when the sale would be and the saws that would be included.

can you fill the rest of us in on the details?

glenn bradley
02-14-2012, 1:00 PM
U.S. (800) 523-4777
Outside the U.S. (360) 647-0801

Ruel Smith
02-17-2012, 8:59 AM
According to their documentation:

One of the most important components to a cyclone dust
collector, besides the cyclone, is the filter. Our filters are BIA
certified and are manufactured in Europe by one of the most
respected filter manufacturers in the world. These filters offer
very fine filtering ability using only the best non-woven
polyester material available. They are certified to trap 99.9%
of particles from 0.2 to 2.0 microns, under normal operating
pressure. The pleated filters on the G0443 11⁄2 HP & G0440 2 HP
have 96 ft2 of filtering area, the G0441 has 113 ft2, the G0442
and G0601 5 HP have 226 ft2, the G0637 71⁄2 HP has 260 ft2, and
the G0638 10 HP has a whopping 390 ft2 of filtering area.

My only guess is they can't call them HEPA filters because they aren't certified as such. The requirement for HEPA filters, per Wikipedia, is as follows:

an air filter must remove 99.97% of all particles greater than 0.3 micrometer from the air that passes through.

I'd say the Grizzly filter meets this spec according to Grizzly, but without being tested as such, it's just a claim and nothing more. You'd have to base your opinion on just how accurate other claims by Grizzly have been. I'm new to this forum, but Shiraz Balolia seems to be a straight shooter from all the posts of his that I've read.

Here's a chart comparing an O'Neida to a competitor, which I think is Grizzly because the stated CFM and the machine sound level is exactly the same as Grizzly's 3HP model. I could be wrong, and it's comparing to a JDS, but I'm pretty sure it's Grizzly.

http://www.oneida-air.com/static.asp?htmltemplate=static/3Hp_competitive_comparison.html

Take that with a grain of salt because it comes from a competitor. It's not like O'Neida will ever say Grizzly makes better products than they do. There could be features about the Grizzly that are superior, but O'Neida has left those comparisons out for sake of making their product seem like a home run compared to competition. However, it is information worth noting.