Brian Kincaid
02-15-2012, 7:38 AM
George,
How do you open a .flv?

-Brian

Bill Huber
02-15-2012, 8:06 AM
Here is a You Tub link.

It is kind of neat if you had a large shop with a good floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsQe_1f1g_E

Jim Foster
02-15-2012, 8:43 AM
Do European craftsmen, contractors, etc... really work like this, or is this the marketing story for the American market, like Mercedes? If I have the opportunity to travel to Europe for work again, I'll have to learn more about how the guys equip themselves.

No sarcasm or cynicism intended.

Benoit Bissonnette
02-15-2012, 9:18 AM
It reminds me of another type of bench that never caught in NA. The Walko Workbench (http://www.walko.com.au/)...

Mark Ashmeade
02-15-2012, 9:38 AM
Well it costs a mere 3000 Euros.

That vid made me laugh though. Music from a 1970s erm, "adult" movie, and the narration was from a 1950's British public information film.

Alan Lightstone
02-15-2012, 9:59 AM
Neet idea. The narrator had me cracking up the whole time.

What I'd like more than the bench is a workshop that big.

Ben Hatcher
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Very cool bench for a cabinet shop. Thanks for sharing.

Ben Hatcher
02-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Do European craftsmen, contractors, etc... really work like this <snip>.

The only Euro shop I've seen was that of a German guy who refnished pianos. His shop was a cramped 1 car garage type shop which was just as cluttered as any I've seen here. He did seem to like those expensive, green tools, though;)

glenn bradley
02-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Pretty trick. I suppose there is some sort of filtering mechanism to clean the air out of the lines before all the sawdust it sucks in would get to the pump. Vac clamps are common enough to have this issue figured out by now. The articulation would really make repetitive assembly jobs more tolerable. Seems like a very well thought out item.

Jerome Hanby
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
The only Euro shop I've seen was that of a German guy who refnished pianos. His shop was a cramped 1 car garage type shop which was just as cluttered as any I've seen here. He did seem to like those expensive, green tools, though;)

You'd think those expensive green tools would be cheaper in Germany. My daughter and her family are stationed there at the moment and I had her check, The VAT makes them more expensive there than they are here!

frank shic
02-15-2012, 1:20 PM
that is one cool bench although all other tools in the background had me drooling even more: striebig panel saw? euro slider? lamello biscuit jointer? lipping planer and all that green...

Kevin Gregoire
02-15-2012, 1:24 PM
that is a really cool bench and the vac clamps would be awesome to use! but i would need a shop a LOT bigger then
mine just to use all the features. to bad its way WAY W-A-Y out of my price range!

Bill Edwards(2)
02-15-2012, 1:36 PM
Pretty cool setip.

But like others here, I'd like to have his shop and his tools.

I noticed he had Festools, but used a plate cutter???

(I was wondering how the VacuCar did with sinuses)

frank shic
02-15-2012, 1:53 PM
Pretty cool setip.

But like others here, I'd like to have his shop and his tools.

I noticed he had Festools, but used a plate cutter???

(I was wondering how the VacuCar did with sinuses)

it must've been the HIGH END plate cutter lol

Halgeir Wold
02-15-2012, 2:04 PM
Very nice setup - if you need that kind of functionality.....although I'd hate to guess the price of that thing - seemingly being german made!

And you're right - most of the "european" tools are often quite substantially more expensive than in the US, and Norway being a very small market is quite extreme!
As an example, a Jet JTS-600 cab saw ( a type probably being targeted for the european market) costs appx. 3000 USD in Norway, roughly 2000$ in the UK, and fairly similar versions in the US somewhere around 1500-2000$......
( I need a sort of cheap transport from the US... anyone ?? :) )

I have been dabbling in HiEnd HiFi for years... norwegian made loudspeaker brand SEAS, used by quite many top end manufacturers, sells for roughly 60% by US co. Madisound than what is available locally here in Norway.....