PDA

View Full Version : laser engraving

Glenn Palhof
03-19-2005, 7:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a laser engraver that only does Raster. I can see and do vector test which tells me the machine is capable of doing vector. i found in the computer a location that showed " Router " Archived. when I bought the machine it was vagely indicated it could do this type of engraving. the machine only had 12 mo. warranty. I bought this brand new .backup support has been less then expected. I origionaly explained this as one of my needs but we never was able to make it work. the machine is now almost 3 yrs old.Is there a driver program available to add to my computer.We do some interesting fusing to stainedglass with our laser.If you would like to see this at our web site go to section" stainedglass "
and and hilite "religion". We laser corrian and other material. WE just need some help to solve our vector problem.Hope we can get some input.

thanks
glenn :confused:

James Stokes
03-20-2005, 8:51 AM
Glenn, Welcome to the club, I am guessing from your post that your machine was made by vytek. The manufacturer definately needs help on their customer support. To make your machine vector cut you have to have a seperate software package. Your machine cuts with a HPGL format. It will cut but it just takes a differant software package to do it.

Joe Hayes
03-20-2005, 8:53 AM
Glenn
You need to give us a little more info. What brand of laser, software being used, laser power rating & operating system.

Joea

Glenn Palhof
03-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Good guess jim
30 watt 4x8 system run on 2000 professional.The rest is history.