PDA

View Full Version : finally a gloat killer deal on onsrud blades.

Steve knight
02-12-2012, 5:19 PM
I never seem to get good deals on tools. but this is one I got both of these blades for about 40.00 with free shipping. Not sure if they are as good as my forrest blades but I could not get them sharpened for this price. I only installed the 60t blade and it cuts well. though I goofed and got a thin kerf blade. so for 30.00 I ordered a regular kerf. For the most part my cutting is not critical and msotly for sizing parts. my cnc does my critical cutting and the tablesaw and chopsaw is for oddball jobs or just cutting things apart. I have also bought several router bits at a great price.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/knighttoolworks/posting/8038C826.jpg

Brad Patch
02-12-2012, 5:23 PM
OK I'll bite Steve, where id you get them?

Steve knight
02-12-2012, 5:33 PM
ebay where else? well getting good deals on ebay is hard these days.

Craig Michael
02-12-2012, 5:41 PM
ebay where else? well getting good deals on ebay is hard these days.

Yeah it is. It is amazing what some people are willing to pay on ebay. I'll have something I'm watching, something priced very well. Then near the end time I'll check back in to bid and it will be up near retail price. I don't know why they don't just go to the store and get them that day rather than wait for shipping.

Mike Manders
02-16-2012, 11:59 AM
The Onsrud dado sets on ebay are a fantastic value too. I picked up their lowest-end one for about $40 shipped and it cuts perfect, flat-bottomed dados. It's every bit as good as the $100 Freud version.

Bill White
02-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Bought the glue line ripper and the combo. $65.00 and free shipping. They rock.
They combo is on the TS now. Glass smooth cuts on a test piece of pine with no tearout at all.
Can't wait to try the rip blade.
Bill

Dwain Lambrigger
02-20-2012, 2:42 PM
I picked up an 80 tooth plywood blade around 20 dollars. They are an absolute steal...

scott spencer
02-20-2012, 7:41 PM
Onsrud listings are pretty sparse at the moment. This clearance has lasted a good long while, but it could be near it's end. Nice deal while it lasted.

Larry Edgerton
02-21-2012, 7:05 AM
Onscrud blades are/were made by Leitz, a company that many consider the best cutting tool maker in the world.

I bought over 50 blades during this event, am set for life on larger crosscuts. 15" crosscut blades cost me $23.50. You can not see a single tooth mark in the cut. I can not have one sharpened for that.

I bought 6 15" and 6 14" blades, a couple of dados and a slew of 12/10/8.5's. For about $1K I am set for a long, long time.

Larry

Bill White
02-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Just used the Onsrud glue line rip blade for the first time yesterday. Planed and sized a nice piece of cherry. Rip cuts smooth as glass, and not a burn mark anywhere. YEAH!!!
Bill