PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree Clamps

Nicholas Lingg
02-11-2012, 9:39 AM
I've been retired 9 years and working in the shop that long. I finally have use for a deep reach pipe clamp! Does anyone have an opinion about Peachtree clamps? I will use them on this job and may never use them again.

http://www.justclamps.com/pipe_clamps.htm

Tom Ewell
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Can't speak to the Peachtree's but have a few Jorgey's and once the specific job was accomplished put them on short pipes and find them useful as C clamps, hold downs etc.

Van Huskey
02-11-2012, 9:51 PM
They are OK but the cam does not hold as well as Bessy or Jorgensen, I don't think they are worth the savings. Some of their clamps are fine but the small premium for the better ones is worth it IMHO.

Bruce Wrenn
02-11-2012, 9:57 PM
Peach Tree is currently having a 10% off sale and FREE shipping on orders of $30 or more. Code is VDAY2

Nicholas Lingg
02-12-2012, 8:07 AM
Peach Tree is currently having a 10% off sale and FREE shipping on orders of $30 or more. Code is VDAY2

Thanks Bruce, I ordered the JORGENSEN clamps That was a good deal!

Terry Beadle
02-12-2012, 11:42 AM
One comment in general, I think you'll find that in the future the clamp will be used for more than one purpose. There's always a clamping situation I can't envision that will benefit from having a good pipe clamp.

I'd bet a dollar on it...and I'm cheap!

Good luck, and enjoy the process!

Prashun Patel
02-12-2012, 1:01 PM
Can't comment on those. But I did buy Peachtree cabinet clamps that have never worked reliably. The retaining clips slip on the bar. They were kind enough to send replacement clips and that worked for a while, but they now slip. To be fair, Peachtree was willing to accept a return. So you might buy them with that expressed understanding.

Jim Andrew
02-12-2012, 8:38 PM
If you guys have a Menards store near you, I'd suggest waiting for one of the "made in America" sales, they had one here last week and I got some Jorgenson cabinet master clamps for 27.50 each for 25", and 37.50 for 49". First time I ever bought such fancy clamps, but I'm tired of my pipe clamps falling over when I'm trying to set up a panel, and I do some 45 degree fluted corners, and they reach past the corner to clamp on the flat side panel. Was having to hook my pipe clamps on the edge of the flutes. And compare those prices to the ones online.

Van Huskey
02-12-2012, 8:53 PM
If you guys have a Menards store near you, I'd suggest waiting for one of the "made in America" sales, they had one here last week and I got some Jorgenson cabinet master clamps for 27.50 each for 25", and 37.50 for 49". First time I ever bought such fancy clamps, but I'm tired of my pipe clamps falling over when I'm trying to set up a panel, and I do some 45 degree fluted corners, and they reach past the corner to clamp on the flat side panel. Was having to hook my pipe clamps on the edge of the flutes. And compare those prices to the ones online.

I hate it when I miss those, I need some more to fill out my racks.