PDA

View Full Version : Question about importing process

Bryan Markovich
02-10-2012, 10:55 PM
After reading through the forum, I have become really interested in getting a Shenhui laser. It sounds like the most difficult part of the process is shipping, but if you know what you're doing it seems like it smooths out the process (or at least you know in advance how bad you are going to get soaked). Many forum members have mentioned freight forwarders. Is this person recommended by the laser supplier or is it something I have to look into on my own? What role do they play? I live about an hour north-west of Baltimore. I am not sure if the laser could be delivered to Baltimore and then I could pick it up. As I have never imported any thing, any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

George M. Perzel
02-11-2012, 4:10 AM
Hi Bryan;
Like everything, there are brokers and then there are brokers. I had a large Shenhui machine plus a bunch of spares (2 crates) shipped directly from Qingdao to my house in upstate NY with delivery by a lift gate truck for $2213- no FDA or other import issues. PM me if you want info for my broker and other details.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Doug Novic
02-11-2012, 8:51 AM
Bryan,

In todays world importing can get a bit tricky with homeland security. I work out of Westminster and that company imports weekly by container at the Baltimore Harbor or air freight at Dulles. The easiest way is to contract an customs agent which is an independent company that handles all paperwork, documentation and will have your laser ready to be picked up or can arrange for delivery to your front door. The last container full of mixed items cost us $250.00 plus shipping to Westminster which was an additional $250.00 to drop the container at our location and pick it up when it was empty. PM me and I can give you the custom agents info. Shop around. Since you are near Baltimore there are a lot of resources. Google "Baltimore Customs Brokers" and you will see what I mean.

Good luck.