PDA

View Full Version : Its related to trees [sorta'] and its purple!

Roger Chandler
02-09-2012, 8:27 PM
I just found this interesting and since turners talk frequently about trees and associated things.........take a look at the link!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/purple-squirrel-found-in-penns/61308

David DeCristoforo
02-09-2012, 8:38 PM
Cool. What kind of dye did you use? And how did you texture the surfaces?

Roger Chandler
02-09-2012, 8:42 PM
Cool. What kind of dye did you use? And how did you texture the surfaces?

Nice one David .......:D but that one is not my project! ;)

Jamie Donaldson
02-09-2012, 8:47 PM
Someone obviously has a serious color balance issue with their camera settings!!!

Steve Vaughan
02-09-2012, 8:51 PM
LOL! Yup, I think they need to work on their photo set up. Someone way up north help out...seems like I remember seeing solid black ones many years ago up around Niagara?

Roger Chandler
02-09-2012, 9:13 PM
We have black ones and white ones [albino] around here...seen a number when deer hunting......I have seen a couple of red ones in my time...........according to the article, the folks who captured this one did not dye it, so it remains a mystery how it became purple, but some plausible explanations :confused:......perhaps?

Dale Miner
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
First you dye it red, then sand it back a bit, and dye it blue. No wait, it's the other way around. First the blue, sand back, ouch! they bite!!

Cory Norgart
02-10-2012, 7:08 AM
Cool,, my guess is the color is caused from the squirrels diet.... maybe its eating some acryllic dyes:eek:

Tim Browne
02-10-2012, 8:37 AM
LOL! Yup, I think they need to work on their photo set up. Someone way up north help out...seems like I remember seeing solid black ones many years ago up around Niagara?

You're right, Steve. Black ones can be found around Niagra and are somewhat common in Toronto.

Bill White
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I shink I shaw one 7 yurs ago (hick), but I was not two well. Darned cork wudn't let me b (hick) ack in the bottle.
Bill