PDA

View Full Version : Creeker discount

Rick Potter
02-09-2012, 8:16 PM
I just sold a 15" planer. I advertised it on CL for $600 firm, and also advertised it on creeker classifieds, stating that I would sell it to a creeker for 10% less. I got several calls from people claiming to be creekers, who were not on the list. One told me he had googled the model planer and it came up with my posting on the creek. Apparantly he wasn't the only one.

After two 'creekers' failed to show up for their appointment to look at the planer, I sold it to a gent who grabbed it at the asking price immediately. Guess he doesn't know how to google.

I may try this again, giving a creeker discount when I have something else for sale, but next time it will be limited to creek contributors only. That should keep them honest, and maybe getting a few bucks for the site.

I thought it was a good idea, obviously not well developed.

Rick Potter

Dan Hintz
02-10-2012, 6:37 AM
Just say "Creekers with more than 10 posts"... that should limit anyone from signing up on the spot to try and get the discount.

Jim Matthews
02-10-2012, 7:11 AM
Ah, Craigslist.

Home to bottom feeders, "resellers" and metal scrappers everywhere.
I now discard every Craigslist inquiry lacking a local telephone number.

Andrew Pitonyak
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I am really surprised. I would not have expected it. Requiring 10 posts seems like a nice idea.

Rick Potter
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Ten posts, sounds good to me. You don't like 'contributors'? I was thinking it might net the site a few bucks.

RP

Jim Rimmer
02-10-2012, 1:08 PM
Ten posts, sounds good to me. You don't like 'contributors'? I was thinking it might net the site a few bucks.

RP
I vote for Contributors with 10 posts or members longer than 30 days, or something like that.

Joe Angrisani
02-10-2012, 3:01 PM
I vote for Contributors with 10 posts or members longer than 30 days, or something like that.

Unless it's something sweet in Colorado. Then I say "Contributor since Apr 2010" and "708 posts or more". ;)