PDA

View Full Version : A club project update - WWP

Roger Chandler
02-09-2012, 2:35 PM
This is a communication I got from our turning club's treasurer today, and forwarded to our members......for the Wounded Warriors Project.....not all totals are in and this is for one venue..........there may be more to come..............

Additional: I would be remiss if I did not also say this........there are members of the other club I belong to that have participated as our brothers in purpose and I give credit to the participating turners of the CVW [Central Virginia Woodturners] who have donated and are still participating in this endeavor..........their help and contribution has been invaluable as well as the participating turners of WoVa [Woodturners of the Virginias]

Hello Woodturners.........this is a wonderful news about the efforts of WoVa members for a most worthy cause........congratulations on doing good and helping those wounded American soldiers and their families, who will receive much needed assistance during what has been life altering circumstances as they fought for our nation and freedoms............God bless you all for all you have done to date! Add to this amount at least $60.00 from an item purchased at our club meeting in which I made a direct donation to WWP on their web site.....which if I add correctly would be $1653.50 ..........if you have donated directly on their website or by check from the proceeds from this effort with the SJPT, would you let us know so that we can get a true total to date? Thanks!

The message below is from club treasurer, Peter Shoemaker

Roger Chandler
Wova Communications

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:
Wounded Warriors Fund

Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 13:24:04 -0500

Roger, would you forward this to our members ?

To all Club members

Congratulations to all of you that donated SJPT items for the Oasis Gallery to sell for the Wounded Warriors Fund. I received a check from Oasis for $1283.50 today and with the $310 received earlier from a member, this gives us $1593.50 to donate.

Especial thanks to Pete Johnson for sheperding this thru the Oasis "swamp" and for building the display table.

This is most impressive from our volunteer group and a tribute to each of you.

Thanks to all.

Peter

Roger Chandler
02-09-2012, 2:39 PM
The reason I posted this is because I have had several folks ask about how much our club has done on this project so far, on this and on WTA...............not trying to trumpet our giving, :o:o just responding to those who were interested..........

Dan Forman
02-09-2012, 6:44 PM
Good work!

Dan

Roger Chandler
02-10-2012, 6:34 AM
I got an email from one of our members who said he added $150 to the donation from his SJPT items to the Wounded Warrior Project yesterday.....that brings the update to $1803.50 so far..........I think more is to come. He has made mostly some civil war pens and some bookends.

Trevor Howard
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
The reason I posted this is because I have had several folks ask about how much our club has done on this project so far, on this and on WTA...............not trying to trumpet our giving, :o:o just responding to those who were interested..........

I am pleased you have update us along the way on this project. I would never see this as a gloating from you. Everybody who has been involved deserves great thanks for giving there time and skill/talent towards a very worthy cause.
Again Thank you and I for one look forward to further updates.