PDA

View Full Version : Opinion's wanted

Mike Troncalli
02-09-2012, 2:24 PM
Hello everyone,

Would like to get your opinion on something. I have been in business for about 9 years producing gift items for wholesale only. We also do custom production items for our customers and a lot of CNC work as well. We have just added laser engraving as both a standard gift item and custom work.
My question involves LASERBITS and their sister site www.laserplaces.com (http://www.laserplaces.com/). Have any of you referred customers to the laserplaces site and have you placed a link on your site for your customers. I have 1 page on my website dedicated to engraving and have about 15 items but I want to showcase a whole lot more but the time involved to bring over 100 items would be too time consuming. I figured why re-invent the wheel if they have already set a site up without pricing or contact information for companies like mine.

Thanks

Martin Boekers
02-09-2012, 3:58 PM
One thing I have found when searching products is that many sites use a link or webpage that manufactures/vendors supply.
That's fine for quick and easy, but then you don't seperate yourself from everyone else that does it. In an interim you may
do it but take the time in the future (if this is the business you want) to make a page that says "Hey, I'm not like the rest!"

A few years back when researching this business I had a handful of generic catalogs that vendors supplied and pounded the
street for a bit. Ironic that the first place I went into and gave my speil and catalog, he smiled and opened his drawer which
already had a handful of the same catalogs I was giving him. He then asked what makes me different than the rest of those
"engravers" that stopped in? Lessoned learned early! :)

Mike Null
02-09-2012, 4:57 PM
Pricewise you can do a lot better.

Mike Troncalli
02-09-2012, 5:08 PM
Martin, excellent point.. Thank You... I have built my business on "AMERICAN MADE" but with the laser I decided to add a "Corporate gift" section. I even have on that page a statement that we do not manufacture these items but offer them as "other" options. Like everyone I am trying to stay ahead of the economy..

Mike, could you go into more detail about the "better pricing"?

Thanks

Martin Boekers
02-09-2012, 5:16 PM
Martin, excellent point.. Thank You... I have built my business on "AMERICAN MADE" but with the laser I decided to add a "Corporate gift" section.

Thanks

I stock as much as I can with American Made products. If you don't deal with JDS Inds, you need to. They are a leader
in our industry. Plus a few years ago I recommended to them to put an American Flag by products made stateside,
they decided that was a great idea and their catalogs reflect the change. It's easy to chose these products now if you like.

There are other vendors, such as Main Trophy, all their products are made stateside, many of the plastic sheets and metal
sheets are made stateside. I have a list of the vendors I buy from who make products in the USA. PM if you woulds like that info.

I think Mike was referring that althoiugh the products LaserBits sells you may find similar items cheaper. LaserBits quality is good
but they don't discount much.