PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Golf Award

Steve Clarkson
02-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know where I can get this specific acrylic golf award?

Thanks

Martin Boekers
02-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Steve, have you thought about making something similar yourself?
I create a lot of awards out of sheet stock and bases.

Was the file photo you posted titled golf.jpg?

Sometimes I search the file name and it will bring up the manufactures site.
Check the meta data in the file there and see if it has any info.

Darryl Hazen
02-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Steve, do a Google image search for acrylic golf awards. There is one from awardzone.com that looks like the one you posted.
You might also check acrylicwarehouse.com

Chuck Stone
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
IF you use Firefox, try the TinEye plugin. Right click on the pic and TinEye will
go out on the web and find other instances of that photo. That should give
you some leads..

Steve Clarkson
02-09-2012, 3:14 PM
Martin, I probably will suggest it as an alternative......when I first saw it, I assumed someone else made it (as opposed to buying it from JDS or some other wholesaler)......it wouldn't be hard to make it at all.

Daren, I think both of those websites are retailers.....awardzone has links to the JDS retail websites.......so I'm assuming that they must also get that golf award from someone else too.

Chuck, I've tried TinEye before and didn't find that it worked very well.......besides, I've been able to find this specific award on TONS of different websites.......everyone but me must know where to get it wholesale!

I don't really do awards and trophies, so I don't really know of any suppliers other than JDS (or Laserbits) for this type of stuff.

Martin Boekers
02-09-2012, 3:46 PM
Steve, If you find it on other sites check again to see if one has a different file name.
I reverse search on this alot as many take the photo from the manufacturer and that
usually has the part or inventeory number then I search for that. It doesn't work all the
time, but it has helped me out on many occasions.

Steve, since you don't do many trophies you may consider buying a few bases and a sheet
acrylic, that way you can make something fast if a client needs it.

I am in the process bringing new computers on line so my photos aren't available yet.
I'll post some of design I have done when I get a chance.

This is a great way to make custom awards!

Doug Griffith
02-09-2012, 3:52 PM
IF you use Firefox, try the TinEye plugin. Right click on the pic and TinEye will
go out on the web and find other instances of that photo. That should give
you some leads..

Another option is to go to Google Images and click on the camera at the right side of the field. From there you can drag and drop a photo from your desktop or enter a URL. A lot of times, I just copy the image location and paste. It works great.

Steve Clarkson
02-09-2012, 4:37 PM
Marty, you're a genius.....I searched the product number and 20 different trophy shops came up.....and of course, one of them posted the manufacturer's generic website......and it turns out it was Stillwater........I searched on here but there were no hits for Stillwater......have you ever dealt with them? It looks like you might have to an ASI member to buy from them. I sent them an e-mail and will let you know what hear back.

Mike Null
02-09-2012, 4:54 PM
Stillwater is the right place. If you have a vendor's license you can buy from them.

Martin Boekers
02-09-2012, 5:25 PM
Glad it worked for you Steve, I haven't worked with them. I just visited their web page and they do have
some unique items. Let me know how it works out. If they are ASI tell them your a business and can
provide tax ID info. Most work with that. I tell them being an ASI member is too expensive at this point
for myself. Most sell blank or engraved so check their policy on that. Blanks usually don't have minimums.
If the are ASI and your not familiar with ASI pricing Google it and you'll find the code. Then you can figure
the wholesale pricing from that. Not sure if the prce they have online is wholesale are retail

Let me know what happens.

Don't let any one tell you, an old dog can't learn new tricks! :)