PDA

View Full Version : pooh pot...

Russell Eaton
02-09-2012, 9:31 AM
In the metro area there is a hospice patient that loves Winnie the pooh. I was asked by a non-profit to turn a box shaped like a honey pot. I had a friend do some laser work on it to help with the project. The piece is cherry and has a spray lacquer finish, not that it matters. The non-profit gives patients a box to keep prize possesions in and have them close till thier time has passed. Not a fun project, but I am proud that I was able to help. I hope it bring some joy to a patient in thier final days. Thanks for looking. If interested the non-profit is called Legacy Boxes. Russell

Roger Chandler
02-09-2012, 9:33 AM
Awesome, Russell............in more ways than just the turning............very noble and a fine piece of work!

Doug W Swanson
02-09-2012, 9:35 AM
Nice hunny pot and a nice story, too....

John Keeton
02-09-2012, 9:45 AM
Nice work for a caring cause. Having dealt with Hospice more than once, I can affirm it is a superb group of folks with hearts full of compassion. Sounds like Legacy Boxes is a nice compliment to that arrangement.

Jon McElwain
02-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Well done! The form is just right, and the laser work really makes it unique! Knowing that you spent some time making someones last days on this planet more joyful must be really satisfying. Again, well done.

Tim Rinehart
02-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Russell, that brought a big smile looking at not just the form, but the wonderful etching too. I will have to look up the Legacy boxes outfit. I am currently trying to get feedback from Beads of Courage to help with their program, but I'm in monthly contact with a bunch of folks in this area who would like more avenues like this to give back, and I'm sure spouses would like some give back too to regain horizontal display space in their homes. Our Southern Piedmont chapter has already been involved with our local hospice for making ornaments at the holidays, but this sounds like a great year round way to contribute to a super cause.
Beautiful piece, thanks for sharing the info with us!

Bill Embrey
02-09-2012, 10:43 AM
That is great! Looks like the jar from the book and the laser work just adds the perfect touch. The hospice projects are very satisfying. I make Native American flutes and have donated quite a lot of them to hospice workers to play for thier patients. I've heard back from quite a few of them how much thier patients enjoy and appreciate it. Keeps me motivated.

Robert McGowen
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
A very worthwhile project. Nice job!

Bill White
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Winny would be proud.
Bill

David E Keller
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Too cool! I love doing stuff like that, and kudos to you for lending your talents!

Harvey Ghesser
02-09-2012, 11:26 AM
A very caring a generous gesture on your part, Russell.

Good on you!

Bernie Weishapl
02-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Great story and pot Russell.

Michelle Rich
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
good on you Russell!!! Adorable hunny pot!

Steve Vaughan
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Now that's way cool right there!

Steve Busey
02-09-2012, 1:16 PM
Sweet, Russell, in more ways than one! :^)

curtis rosche
02-09-2012, 1:59 PM
great project and a great cause. Hospice helped alot with my stepdad, anything he needed they had it there within a day, air tank, bed with all the buttons, ect ect...
im currently working on a somewhat similar project. my steodad had a self of wood he bought on ebay from links i sent him that he had planned to turn when he was well. never got a chance..... so im turning all the peices and im going to donate the money to Hospice.

its always a great feeling to turn not only for fun but to help benifit someone else in need

Don Orr
02-09-2012, 4:33 PM
That'll do nicely Russell.

Dan Forman
02-09-2012, 6:43 PM
Nice work, and good work. I'm sure the recipient will appreciate it greatly.

Dan

Steve Campbell
02-09-2012, 7:24 PM
Great pot for a great cause. It does make one feel good.

Steve

Cheryl A. Prince
02-09-2012, 7:32 PM
I sense someone scoring good karma points.... Beautiful, heartwarming project!