PDA

View Full Version : college humor

curtis rosche
02-09-2012, 12:40 AM
before choosing to send you kids to college, check out the real problems that the tours never tell you, by reading all the meme's on pages like this http://www.facebook.com/pages/Millersville-University-Memes/238061272945854?ref=pb&sk=wall#!/pages/Millersville-University-Memes/238061272945854

sadly they are almost all true. they should have a place that tells you all the bad parts of a particular university before you go there, instead of only the good

John Pratt
02-09-2012, 9:17 AM
Forgive my "unhippness", is that a new word or lexicon; Meme?

curtis rosche
02-09-2012, 9:24 AM
im not sure of its origin or exact deffinition, but it is used to describe a picture and a funny caption, usualy using a streotypical picture. does the link work for other people?

Dan Hintz
02-09-2012, 9:45 AM
The link works... I just fail to see the humor in anything posted. Most be very region-specific / inside joke type stuff. That tends to be funny only to a limited group, and I'm obviously not part of that group...

ICanHasCheezburger, on the other hand... that's funny stuff no matter the region. ;)

John Coloccia
02-09-2012, 9:47 AM
A meme is a behavior, phrase, etc that spreads through a culture. For example, "you suck" and "no pictures, didn't happen" would be considered to be SMC memes.

The name has somewhat been corrupted to refer to comics or pictures (or styles of comics and pictures) where you put your own caption. I guess that's technically a meme because you're all using the same basic format, but it doesn't really capture the true essence of what a meme is. The "facepalm" is a good example of a true, internet meme.

curtis rosche
02-09-2012, 9:49 AM
The link works... I just fail to see the humor in anything posted. Most be very region-specific / inside joke type stuff. That tends to be funny only to a limited group, and I'm obviously not part of that group...

ICanHasCheezburger, on the other hand... that's funny stuff no matter the region. ;)

sorry, my bad. i forgot that most people wouldnt understand any of the references. the gist is all of them are students complaints, like how they spent 25 million for a new building but they still didnt put a bathroom on one of the dorm floors