PDA

View Full Version : Talk about great friends...gloat!

Tom Pritchard
03-19-2005, 9:16 AM
Well, last Sunday I finally purchased a new tablesaw to replace the 20+ year old Craftsman that I had been using. My old saw had a direct drive motor and a ridged aluminum top that caused me to rework many pieces after cutting them and finding the ridged aluminum grooves had made small depressions in the wood while sliding it across the table. Anyway, it was time to move on.

My friend Scott, also a WW, had been doing all sorts of research for me, and with his help I had finally determined that the new Sears 22124 was a perfect fit for me, not too much $$$, yet a big step up from where I was. Scott watched the sales and promotions at Sears for me, and then did something really awesome! He took a multiple page survey (around 40-50 pages if I remember correctly) for some company, and a one month trial of Stamps.com, and got a $75.00 gift card for Sears which he gave me for my birthday!!! I was floored! I ended up loading my saw in his van for $690.00 including a 2 year in home warranty and 8.5% sales tax! The worst part was that I was so excited that I watched HIM load the saw in his van with the Sears guy before I noticed I wasn't helping! :D Talk about great friends, and Scott is on top. Here's a catalog picture of the saw. It comes in a rather impressive welded steel "cage", and I hope to get it into the shop this weekend. I'll post a picture of it when complete. Thanks for letting me gloat folks!

Jerry Clark
03-19-2005, 9:26 AM
Tom, good saw and even better friend. I am sure you will be happy with the saw.

Jim Becker
03-19-2005, 9:47 AM
Congrats on your new saw!!....we're all looking forward to the pictures of the projects you build with it...hint...hint... :D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Congrats on the saw! Even bigger congrats on the FRIEND!

John Miliunas
03-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Tom, the *only* thing better than a good friend is a good WW friend!!!:D Both, your friend Scott and the new TS are very, VERY worthy gloats!:) Congrats!:) :cool:

mike malone
03-19-2005, 11:10 AM
nice saw Tom, i especially like the appendage at rear of table!!. What is the fence spread to right and left??
best
mike

scott spencer
03-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Nice gloat Tom, but did it come with one of these?! ;)

Tom Pritchard
03-19-2005, 12:24 PM
No, it didn't, but my friend has one!!! :cool:

Corey Hallagan
03-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Sweet Saw Tom! Your lucky to have a good WW buddy and freind close to you like that!

Corey

Jerry Olexa
03-19-2005, 2:04 PM
You are doubly blessed...Great saw @ great price...AND a great friend!! Enjoy and be safe!

Jeff Sudmeier
03-19-2005, 5:47 PM
Tom,

Congrats on the new saw! I work for sears so I get a discount, so I have a few craftsman tools, to say the least.

David Eisan
03-20-2005, 8:28 AM
Is that with a real Biesemeyer branded Bisemeyer fence?

Thanks,

David.

Tom Pritchard
03-20-2005, 8:31 AM
Yes, it is a Biesmeyer fence! That was one of the factors that led me to the saw originally.

Ron McNeil
03-20-2005, 9:11 AM
Wow! What a gloat. You have a very nice saw and a great friend. Congrats

Tom Pritchard
03-22-2005, 9:41 PM
nice saw Tom, i especially like the appendage at rear of table!!. What is the fence spread to right and left??
best
mike

Thanks Mike! I just finished assembling, setting up, and waxing the saw today, so I couldn't answer your question before now. The fence spread to the right is 31", and 19" to the left. You're right, the outfeed table is a reall nice feature. Folds flat against the saw when not in use.

Tom Pritchard
03-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Tonight I finished setting up and waxing my new saw! Here are some pictures of the process. They are:

1) In the metal crate from Sears
2) On the handcart ready to go downstairs.
3) Scott and I taking the saw downstairs (sorry Scott, not the best pic of ya!)
4) Complete product

I want to thank everyone for the posts on how to wax the table. I used Johnson's Paste Wax (no silicone in it) over the table after wiping it with a clean cloth. Second coat will go on tomorrow. Here's the pics!

lou sansone
03-23-2005, 6:25 AM
hi tom
Glad to see that you got the saw into place, good friend are hard to find

enjoy the saw

lou

Jim Knauss
03-23-2005, 9:59 AM
Congrats on the new saw Tom, I got a 22124 a month ago and love it so far. To cold for much shop time.Wish I had a heated basement (Sigh) I see I live a little south of ya......

Have fun with new saw,
Jim Knauss

Tom Hurlebaus
04-12-2005, 7:22 PM
Really nice saw Tom and a great fence to boot … I’m envious, I looked at that saw a couple of months ago. Sure is nice to have good friends … reminds me of a something I heard recently ….

A friend is someone who will help you move … a good friend is someone who will help you move a body :)

Tom

Tom Pritchard
04-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi Tom, thanks for the laugh!

Yes, I do really love the saw! It is a huge step up for me, and so far I can find nothing to complain about with it. Fit, finish, and assembly were all top notch, and it is holding calibration perfectly. Looks like a winner!

Kelly C. Hanna
04-13-2005, 9:06 AM
Nice saw Tom...I have a friend who has one of those....he loves it!