PDA

View Full Version : Delta 34-555 Sliding Table Attachment Questions????

Carroll Courtney
02-08-2012, 9:56 PM
Guys awhile back I posted a question about sliding table attachment for table saws and most suggested the Delta 34-555.Well at 400 plus it was out of my budget, so I toss the "want" out the door an forgot about it until Monday when a used one pop up on CL's.Called on it,sounded good,price was OK,so I purchase it and pick the slider up today.Now the problem,the previous owner had it mounted to a contractors saw and I want to mount it to a Unisaw and its missing a mounting bracket for lower rail which looks like a piece of flat iron with about 3" long angle iron welded to it.The lower rail attaches to this piece then the piece attaches to the cabinet of the saw.Does anyone here have this setup that they could take some pics and measurement and send them to me?I did check w/delta and its no longer available,so I guess I need to come up with something.Thanks for any help,advice,direction-----Carroll
Part # 84 is what I need or just some good measurements--- http://servicenet.deltamachinery.com/Products/DetailDiagram/34-555

Dale Friend
02-10-2012, 3:08 PM
I have this slider on my Unisaw and it works great. Here are the measurements you requested.223348. The 34-555 instalation manual is available here if you don't have a copy. http://www.mikestools.com/download/DeltaTableSawManuals/34-555.pdf

Dale

Carroll Courtney
02-10-2012, 5:05 PM
Thank you Dale,that is just what I am looking for and thanks also for the link to a manual.Dale also welcome to the best forum,you are a great addition to the membership-----Carroll

Bruce Wrenn
02-10-2012, 8:47 PM
Carrol, google "Unisaw sliding table modifications" before doing any set up. You might want to modify yours up front, rather than later. Bruce

frank shic
02-11-2012, 1:24 AM
phil bumbalough has a great article on modifying it on his benchmark web site. try to bolt that fence down as hard as possible when you have it all finally leveled and square - no easy feat as i recall... it has a tendency to easily get whacked out of square if you bump into it while walking near it but the sliding action is fairly smooth once you have all the adjustments dialed just right. i liked having the fence positioned at the front (the end furthest away from you when you stand on the same side as the power switch to the saw) of the sliding table although it's a little awkward at first it gives you a greater crosscut capacity. don't forget to check for squareness using the five cut method. good luck!

Carroll Courtney
02-11-2012, 7:54 AM
Bruce and Frank thanks for the info,alot more reading material that will help on the recovery process on my used slider getting it back to 100% and getting it setup to perform at its best.Add it to my favorites,pics to come(maybe acouple of weeks)Thanks guys for the hookup----Carroll

frank shic
02-11-2012, 8:15 AM
that slider is a worthwhile investment. it makes the table saw so much safer especially if you adjust the fence so that you can keep the blade guard on the saw. look forward to seeing your completed install!