PDA

View Full Version : I should have read the directions....Oscillating Mulit-Tool

Lewis Ehrhardt
02-08-2012, 8:51 PM
I know most of you probably have done this, but I didn't and thought I knew how to use this simple tool. After two blades and about 30 minutes, by accident due to near exhaustion, I discovered the correct way to use the multi-tool. Apparently, it operates on the same principle as the RAS, i.e. allow the tool to do the work. I was impatient, trying to get through, pushing hard on it, but getting no where. New blade, allowed the tool to cut at its own pace, man(!) the difference that made. Went back and read the directions, sure enough, that's what I was suppose to do all along. I should have read the directions! Maybe there's someone else out there like me who could benefit from this post. Lewis

Mike Henderson
02-08-2012, 8:56 PM
The other thing I found about them is that it helps to back off on a regular basis. I think it's because the gullets on the blade get full and the blade quits cutting. Backing off allows the blade to throw the swarf out and then it starts cutting again.

Mike

Dave Zellers
02-08-2012, 9:03 PM
Also- if the object you are cutting is able to move at all, it get into sync with the multi-tool and they just move together resulting in...

nothing.

Craig Michael
02-08-2012, 9:36 PM
Also- if the object you are cutting is able to move at all, it get into sync with the multi-tool and they just move together resulting in...

nothing.

Yep. Same thing happens with a reciprocating saw.

Van Huskey
02-08-2012, 9:36 PM
All great points. Lewis' point about allowing the tool to do the work is true for so many tools and the results are equally bad when we try to do the work for the tool.