PDA

View Full Version : Got a letter today from a very special, happy client.

Bill Wyko
02-08-2012, 6:05 PM
I had made a piece recenty for a dear friend. He called me the other day letting me know that it was going to be a gift for a close friend of his. Turns out that special friend of his is Ronald Phillips, the Dean of Pepperdine University. I got a letter of appreciation from the dean himself expressing his appreciation for such a nice piece of art. Needless to say, I am the one grateful for his appreciation of my work. I'm also extremely grateful to my dear friend for selecting my work for such a prestigious gift. You may remember the piece. I recently posted it.
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2109/11908737/23952785/399688888.jpg

Brian McInturff
02-08-2012, 6:27 PM
Congrats Bill. That is a great honor! Beautiful piece too!

charlie knighton
02-08-2012, 6:57 PM
congratulations, you should be proud of that one

Harvey Ghesser
02-08-2012, 7:15 PM
Bill,

The work you do is absolutely inspiring and amazing! You really have this artform down!

I always look forward to your next work of art..

Harv

David DeCristoforo
02-08-2012, 7:19 PM
Why do I have this uncanny feeling that I know the name of this dear friend? I will say this though... when it comes to segmented work, I am hard pressed to find anyone who does it better.

Scott Hackler
02-08-2012, 8:00 PM
Congrats Bill, your segmented pieces are top notch. Please clean out your inbox so I can send you a message, thanks! :)

Dan Forman
02-08-2012, 8:03 PM
Congrat's Bill! Always good to know that the ultimate recipient of a piece is happy with it. A nice gesture on his part. I don't think that many would do that.

Dan

Jerry Wright
02-08-2012, 8:14 PM
Bill - You should be very proud. Most of our creations cannot pass inspection from one with a critical eye. They look good in photos, but up close they exhibit issues in turning, sanding, or finishing. As a result they don't end up in special collections. Your work exhibits creativity, perseverence, as well as attention to detail. We are pleased to see you get your well deserved kudos.

Jim Burr
02-08-2012, 9:18 PM
Now see...that wasn't hard was it?...make cool piece, friend get's it, gives it to big time friend...you get famous! See how easy that was?

Dick Mahany
02-08-2012, 9:48 PM
Bill,
Congrats, very cool piece and even better story !

John Keeton
02-08-2012, 9:56 PM
Too cool, Bill....just too cool!! One never really knows what might come of a set of circumstances. I hope this leads to even greater things for you.

Bill Wyko
02-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I really feel blessed to have been gifted wtih such an opportunity. When things like this happen it really drives me to push the creativity a little farther. I really have to give you all credit as well. So many members here have been an inspiration since day one.
I'm on my way out to the shop right now to get to work. I really love this segmenting thing. It's so fun to see people imagine how it was done. Kind of the same feeling I experienced when I saw my first segmenting. (Ray Allens 3 footer with over 7000 pieces) Just floored me. Off to the play room now. Thanks again everyone.