PDA

View Full Version : Lasering Glass Awards

Mark Sipes
02-07-2012, 9:56 PM
I've been lasering glass and acrylic awards for the past 10 years and have always placed the image on the front side for Glass and the back side for Acrylic. I have not seen or read any right or wrong way to do either. I have had both types of awards brought into my shop to be repaired and have seen every variant. Your thoughts??

Joe Pelonio
02-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Normally i have done the front on both, but at times have don front and back for a more 3d effect.

Frank Corker
02-08-2012, 6:45 AM
I'm with Joe, done both ways. I tend to engrave glass from the front, acrylic from the back.

Liesl Dexheimer
02-08-2012, 8:15 AM
Never thought of engraving both front & back. How do you get the artwork to line up correctly? I imagine it would be much harder on an non rectangular or square object.

Normally i have done the front on both, but at times have don front and back for a more 3d effect.

Martin Boekers
02-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Never thought of engraving both front & back. How do you get the artwork to line up correctly? I imagine it would be much harder on an non rectangular or square object.

I do front and back on the same pieces. I just create a second page in the same file, then reverse
the page that has it on the backside. (delete the parts on each page you don't need) I flip the
piece and print the second page. I only do this on rectangle shape pieces. They are to hard too line it up.

I engrave single side on bothe glass and acrylic on the back, seems to disperse light better.

Braden Todd
02-08-2012, 2:43 PM
For glass I tend to go on the back, but I also sandblast the glass 99.9% of the time because of the depth/dimension it gives you.