PDA

View Full Version : FYI recharged tube from Epilog

Marc Myer
02-07-2012, 1:00 PM
I sold my business last year, but kept my great little Epilog Mini 18 35w. I now use it for hobby work and the occasional paying job. Wish I had the time to invest in a new business!
After nearly five years, the tube finally died. I contacted Epilog to get the scoop on a recharge/replacement.

I was quoted $1600, and similar deposit. I won't need the fast service so I can just mail the old one in, but the recharge price is a bit of a shock. In this economy, money is hard to come by, and I'm wishing for other options, although I already know there really isn't an alternative. There's a wide variety in tubes and prices, but apparently not for Epilog.

I wish there were some competition for recharging--competition is a great benefit of capitalism.

Martin Boekers
02-07-2012, 1:15 PM
Check these guys out, usually cheaper than Epilog plus they recharge/rebuild them inhouse.
Their warrenty is also longer that Epilogs.

www.photovaclaser.com/ (http://www.photovaclaser.com/)

Marty

Gary Hair
02-07-2012, 3:18 PM
Not that this will make you feel much better, but my 30 watt GCC will run $2,800 when the tube stops working...

Besides, you live in paradise, stop complaining!!!

Gary

matthew knott
02-07-2012, 3:42 PM
We just paid £2100 (3000 dollars) for a recharge :( and it's -12 degres C right now, I would be happy to swap with you ;)

Martin Boekers
02-07-2012, 6:01 PM
Not that this will make you feel much better, but my 30 watt GCC will run $2,800 when the tube stops working...

Besides, you live in paradise, stop complaining!!!

Gary

Gary, I would check these guys out. Epilog Quoted me $4000.00 with a 6 month warrenty
for my radius 25 watt.

These guys quote at about $1400 plus a 2 year warrenty. I'll check them out if anything
happents to one of my 75watts lasers

Gary Hair
02-07-2012, 8:01 PM
Thanks Martin, I just sent them an email asking about pricing for my laser. Anything less than the mfg wants is good, especially if they have a longer warranty!

I appreciate the info.

Gary

Marc Myer
02-08-2012, 6:57 PM
I stand humbled and promise not to complain again :)
FYI, I talked with the guys at photovaclaser; very personable and helpful. The price difference is $100 less than Epilog. They charge an inspection fee of $275, which goes toward the recharge. The only drawback is that they have an approximate 10-day backlog at the moment. Guess that's what happens when you do good work!