PDA

View Full Version : New printer gloat.

Stephen Cherry
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I was looking to upgrade my printer to one a little bigger. Picked up this HP designjet 800 from craigslist, mostly for making patterns for my CR Onsrud inverted pin router (my new favorite machine).

Floyd Cox
02-11-2012, 6:48 AM
I have always bought re manufactured cartridges of the webs main auction site E---, just make sure the seller has at least a 99% feedback rating. For your printer I found some from reputable sellers for under $7.00 each.
Just type in " hp designjet 800 ink cartridges " on there site.

Mark Ashmeade
02-12-2012, 6:12 PM
Cool! I have an ancient Roland pen plotter for the same reason.

Kevin Gregoire
02-14-2012, 5:29 PM
that would be so awesome for making big patterns, posters, most anything!
may i ask what you paid for it?

Stephen Cherry
02-14-2012, 7:26 PM
that would be so awesome for making big patterns, posters, most anything!
may i ask what you paid for it?

That's the idea-- I'm looking at the cad program, printer, etc as the source for patterns for my shaper and pin router. Right now, I'm working on a 2 layer pattern for a chair, with the first layer being the outline of a leg, and the second layer the mortises. This is a 42 inch capable of photos or drawings- new, these are astronomical. I paid 750 used from a landscape company. Not cheap, but I think I could get most of my money out if it does not work out.

Bryan Morgan
02-15-2012, 1:26 AM
Nice! I'm trying to get my work to give me an old 1055cm so I can print out guitar templates. They also have an old Designjet 600 just collecting dust they don't want to give me for some reason... I don't think its even been turned on in 10 years.

We just got an HP L65500 and an Arizona 550GT. Anyone need any doors printed on? :)