PDA

View Full Version : Trend Pro ?????

Dahl Troy Perry
02-06-2012, 8:47 PM
My wife says I can't turn till I get a face sheild:eek: she seen a travel mug blowup will I was turning it. I see several talking about the Trend pro is this what I want ? Iv'e found it at amazon for $369. it that good?

Signed new lathe and grounded:eek:

Roger Chandler
02-06-2012, 8:51 PM
Decent price Dahl............the Trend Pro is a powered air respirator as well as a face shield.....also a helment to protect the head. It will protect your lungs from dust, and your eyes and face as well............I have one and am glad I made the investment.

I have seen them priced at $389 and up.

Steve Mawson
02-06-2012, 8:58 PM
I have seen them for less but prices could have gone up. I bought one from Tool Nut, might check with them.

Alan Trout
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
My wife got me one for Christmas. So far I really like it. I no longer blow wood dust out of my nose. She bought it from Packard as they have a "Pro Deal" that is the Trend pro and battery cradle and an extra battery for $399 which is a great deal.

Alan

Jim Burr
02-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Glad your wife loves you! Does no good if it sits on a shelf!

Bernie Weishapl
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Dahl glad to see the wife loves ya and wants to keep you around for a while. I do not enter my shop without the Trend or my Airstream on to do anything and they only comes off when I leave the shop. That is a decent price.

Doug Herzberg
02-07-2012, 8:50 AM
I've had mine since the CS 15% sale around New Year's Day. I think I paid about the same, but if you can get the extra battery and cradle for $399, that's a good deal, too. I guess it depends on how much time you're going to spend in the shop. An overnight charge is good for about 8 hours.

Get the face shield protectors. They're like screen protectors for your phone or IPad and can save $ in the long run. Also may want to get a welder's (biker's) doo rag if you have a sensitive scalp like me.

The air filtration will only protect you from dust, but that's a lot. For me, it actually aggravates chemical irritation by blowing the chemical right into my face. The face shield is nice for spray coming off the turning and looks like it would provide some protection from flying objects.

It seems like a lot of money for what you get, but I haven't found a better deal and I've read here that their customer service is excellent. I'm not sorry I spent the $. Being able to breath at night after a day in the shop is something I really enjoy.

Alan Zenreich
02-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I saw a thread in the Saw Mill Creek classified that a member has a Trend AirShield pro for sale. It's at the top of the list this morning, you might want to contact him.

Dick Mahany
02-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Agree fully with Doug's assessment on the Airshield Pro. I got mine a year ago during the CS sale. I can say that it takes very little time to get used to and is excellent at filtering air. It won't do chemical filtering as more expensive units may do however but for my uses it isn't a problem. The battery lasts me all day and I got a second battery and replacement face shield protectors and they're worthwhile IMO. Even with a beard, I get an excellent seal and the fresh air is especially nice on warmer days. The full facemask provides excellent visibility and even with glasses, I haven't had any fit problems.

It seems expensive at first, but considering what it protects, it turned out to be more of a neccessity than a nice-to have for me. I had two minor issues when I received mine, but the Trend customer service was incredible and they sent me replacement parts and shipped them the same day I called ! I haven't found the weight to be objectionable and would buy it again without hesitation if it ever disappeared.

Brian Tymchak
02-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I just picked up a Trend Pro last month from Tool Orbit for $290, including shipping. Looks like they've sold out though. The prices on the Trend Pro are all over the map these days.

Brian Tymchak
02-07-2012, 11:07 AM
To me it still seems heavy, and maybe it's just the shape of my head, but it rides heavy on my brow. I haven't been able to find the "just right" adjustment and balance point yet. But I've only had it on 4 or 5 times for an hour or 2 each time, so it might be just a matter of getting used to it. But I'm still quite happy not breathing dust!