PDA

View Full Version : CA Glue .... which brand is the best and where to buy it.

Tim Boger
02-06-2012, 2:24 PM
I have a good bit of punky material that needs to be strengthened here and there. It's been a while since I last bought and CA glue and would like to know where other folks get theirs. Also want to get some accelerator. Which is better, the aerosol or the spritz type?

Thanks
Tim

allen thunem
02-06-2012, 2:45 PM
cant answer regarding which is best
but i buy mine from starbond online
16 oz for thirty bucks plus you can buy extra bottles and accelerator
2 ozs from the specialty stores cost about 12- 15 bucks

David E Keller
02-06-2012, 2:48 PM
I get mine from woodenwonderstx.com... The prices are the best I've found, so I've never tried anything else. I think the aerosol spray allows better control if you're using CA as a finish, but I tend to use the spritzer which I refill... Refills come from the same place.

Rich Greinert
02-06-2012, 2:49 PM
I have dealt with this site. Good prices and good service too.

http://woodenwonderstx.com/ZC_WoodenWonders/

Alan Trout
02-06-2012, 3:28 PM
That is where I get mine as well.

http://woodenwonderstx.com/ZC_WoodenWonders/

Alan

Jon McElwain
02-06-2012, 3:46 PM
Wow! I guess I should have shopped around. I've been buying 2 ounce CA glue for around $10! Thanks guys.

Another question, if you don't mind me cutting in on the thread, do you guys use any of those CA bottle sealers like the KC Cherry Pickers? Do they work? I have been having a little trouble with my bottles. They did pretty good for a long time, but it only takes a little bit of built up glue to start a clog in the tip.

Michael Mills
02-06-2012, 4:03 PM
A jar with just a little bit of acetone normally cleans them right up.

tom martin
02-06-2012, 5:02 PM
I shop woodenwonders also. The last year I have been using the the long skinny tips that slide over the cap. It gives you a lot more control when filling those hairline cracks, can be trimmed many times if they clog and are relatively inexpensive
Tom

Sid Matheny
02-06-2012, 6:30 PM
CA @ Woodenwonder but the accelerator I get from WC in the spray can. Hate the pump bottles!

Sid

Tim Boger
02-06-2012, 6:38 PM
Thanks everyone, this is the first time I've shopped at Woodenwonders ..... terrific prices!!

Tim

James Combs
02-06-2012, 8:54 PM
Wow! I guess I should have shopped around. I've been buying 2 ounce CA glue for around $10! Thanks guys.
Another question, if you don't mind me cutting in on the thread, do you guys use any of those CA bottle sealers like the KC Cherry Pickers? Do they work? I have been having a little trouble with my bottles. They did pretty good for a long time, but it only takes a little bit of built up glue to start a clog in the tip.

A jar with just a little bit of acetone normally cleans them right up.
Jon, what Michael said. Plus on my last order I purchased a pack of 10 extra nozzle/lids. When one gets stopped up I toss it into a jar of acetone and put on a new one. I just keep rotating them out for clean ones. They will be clean by the next morning in the acetone.

CA @ Woodenwonder but the accelerator I get from WC in the spray can. Hate the pump bottles!
Sid

Thanks everyone, this is the first time I've shopped at Woodenwonders ..... terrific prices!!
Tim

Ditto Wooden Wonders. That's were I get mine and BTW Sid They carry the arosol as well as the pump version of the accelerator. I use both. I keep the spray can close to the lathe for finishing and I use the spritzer for repair work.