PDA

View Full Version : Speckled Trout

Larry Pickering
02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
My other vortex is fishing,(I brought my first mini jet, to turn custom reel seats) which is starting to show in my platters, this one is 20x2 maple, blue Trans Tint,sanded back and then dyed amber, not real crazy with the color. The speckled trout power carved, then air brushed with Golden acrylics over white automotive water base coat, the purple high-lite is PPG Harlequin custom color.

The background is stippled with NSK presto with dental burr, dyed with black India ink.

Wish the weather would get better, for I could go after the real thing.

C/C welcome

Larry Pickering

Harvey Ghesser
02-06-2012, 12:01 PM
That's a beauty, Larry. Nice work.

thomas prusak
02-06-2012, 1:19 PM
Amazing work Larry .

Dick Wilson
02-06-2012, 1:52 PM
Larry, as a former trout fishing fanatic (turning seemed to pull me out of that vortex) this is georgous.

David E Keller
02-06-2012, 1:53 PM
Nice work, Larry! Your painting skills are impressive! It's hard to judge the color in the photo... I'd have to see it up close and personal to be sure, but I think it's pretty cool as is.

Dan Forman
02-06-2012, 3:54 PM
That looks really good! (from another former trout bum).

Dan

BILL DONAHUE
02-06-2012, 7:08 PM
Man, that is beautiful! Anybody but a fisherman would have had a profile of that fish looking like it was already caught. You made it look like it was getting ready to inhale a mirrolure top dog in the Chandeleur Islands or in Lafitte. Makes me want to go wet a line. Since Katrina and losing my house in Gulfport I've done more bottom fishing than speck fishing and I miss that exciting moment when a speck smashes a top water lure.

Michelle Rich
02-07-2012, 7:18 AM
the trout looks like he's being reeled in up thru a hole in the ice! (ice fishing is a big sport here) Very cool fish

John Keeton
02-07-2012, 7:47 AM
Nice work on the platter, and excellent work on the trout! Nice depth and movement in the image. Well done!

Steve Schlumpf
02-07-2012, 8:04 AM
Very impressive work Larry! Love the overall size of the platter and your carving/airbrush work looks great! It's been way too many years since I caught a Speck - but I still remember all the fun we had when we did!!

Larry Pickering
02-07-2012, 8:45 AM
Man, that is beautiful! Anybody but a fisherman would have had a profile of that fish looking like it was already caught. You made it look like it was getting ready to inhale a mirrolure top dog in the Chandeleur Islands or in Lafitte. Makes me want to go wet a line. Since Katrina and losing my house in Gulfport I've done more bottom fishing than speck fishing and I miss that exciting moment when a speck smashes a top water lure.

Bill, my camp is on Bayou Petit Caillou, in Cocodrie, but I have spent many days chasing specks in Chandeleur and Lafitte. The islands are just about gone and the north part of Lafitte is all fresh water, I don't have too tell you, how sad that is. A trout blowing up on a top dog, is about exciting as it gets.

Bernie Weishapl
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
That is a beauty. Very well done.