PDA

View Full Version : Freeman Nailers

Andrew Kertesz
02-06-2012, 5:58 AM
Does anybody have any experience with the Freeman brand of nailers? WC has an 18 ga. and 23 ga. kit with a bag for $59.99 which I think is about 50% off. It isn't a bargain if the quality isn't there.

Jeff Hamilton Jr.
02-06-2012, 8:22 AM
I bought the 23 awhile back when on sale @ WC. Haven't used it much, but so far, so good ...

Lex Boegen
02-06-2012, 9:12 AM
I also bought the 23 gauge pinner from Woodcraft when it was on sale. I use quality pins from Grex in it, but even so, they frequently jam. Considering the low price of the gun, it works well and I can deal with the occasional jam. One potential downside of all the lower price pinners is that their maximum size pin is much smaller than the premium priced Grex guns. That's not an issue for me--I don't need 2-inch pins for what I do, but if I was a finish carpenter I'd definitely spring for the more expensive gun. For a hobbyist like me applying moldings to furniture, it works great. I recently used mine to apply casing and stop to a door jamb, and only a tiny dab of paintable caulk was needed to completely hide the pin holes.