PDA

View Full Version : You folks are a bad influence -gotta blame somebody-:)

Doug Shepard
03-18-2005, 7:53 PM
Somebody stop me! All the gloating here has had an affect on me. Over the last week I've ordered up the following - quite of few of these were buying decisions which were finally triggered after glowing posts here. Here's this week's damage:

HTC Outfeed Roller table (for my PM66)
LV Scraper Plane
LN 60-1/2 Rabbet Block Plane
Plane sacks for both
Reconditioned DW423 ROS
Dremel Plunge Router Base
SketchUp (got a good deal on a low mileage previously owned license from another SMC member)

For the pic police, I'll follow up with the planes once they show up. Wouldn't be a bad idea for insurance purposes to line up and photo all my planes anyway.

Frank Pellow
03-18-2005, 8:08 PM
Somebody stop me! All the gloating here has had an affect on me. Over the last week I've ordered up the following - quite of few of these were buying decisions which were finally triggered after glowing posts here. Here's this week's damage:

HTC Outfeed Roller table (for my PM66)
LV Scraper Plane
LN 60-1/2 Rabbet Block Plane
Plane sacks for both
Reconditioned DW423 ROS
Dremel Plunge Router Base
SketchUp (got a good deal on a low mileage previously owned license from another SMC member)

For the pic police, I'll follow up with the planes once they show up. Wouldn't be a bad idea for insurance purposes to line up and photo all my planes anyway.
Good for you! We are happy to take the blame.

Jim Becker
03-18-2005, 9:11 PM
All good choices and all should have lasting effects on your woodworking efforts. And hey...it's only money. Think of what you could have spent it on if it weren't for this wonderful thing called woodworking keeping you on the straight and narrow!! :D

Doug Shepard
03-18-2005, 9:17 PM
All good choices and all should have lasting effects on your woodworking efforts. And hey...it's only money. Think of what you could have spent it on if it weren't for this wonderful thing called woodworking keeping you on the straight and narrow!! :D
Yeah but sometimes I gotta ask myself if a good old-fashioned drug-habit, gambling addition, or alcohol problem wouldn't be cheaper. At least they have support groups for those folks. You guys just keep encouraging me.:D

Tim Morton
03-18-2005, 10:37 PM
you are talking to a guy who once ordered a biesemeyer fence 5 days before the superbowl to take my mind of the Patriots :D So I can't offer any help here :D Just repeat after me:

My name is Doug....(Go on and say it)

and I'm (everyone chime in here....) a tooloholic :D

Jim Andrew
03-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Was that a stealth gloat? I have bought a unisaw, a minimax MM 16,
a 10" oliver jointer, a woodmaster 18" planer molder, a woodsucker 2, and
a M12 V router, set of Freud frame and door sets, and numerous other
small items since January. Almost everything was on sale! Except the
woodsucker. Still waiting on the Woodsucker and the jointer.
Sorry, I don't have a digital camera. Jim

Doug Shepard
03-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Was that a stealth gloat? I have bought a unisaw, a minimax MM 16,
a 10" oliver jointer, a woodmaster 18" planer molder, a woodsucker 2, and
a M12 V router, set of Freud frame and door sets, and numerous other
small items since January. Almost everything was on sale! Except the
woodsucker. Still waiting on the Woodsucker and the jointer.
Sorry, I don't have a digital camera. Jim
Thanks. Now I don't feel so guilty. I knew I could rely on everyone here to tell me it was OK to overspend and indulge my tool cravings.:)

Mike Holbrook
03-19-2005, 12:05 AM
If you want to feel even better, or maybe worse, due to envy, search for Frank Pellow's post on his recent gloat, I mean.......

Jeff Sudmeier
03-19-2005, 7:30 AM
Doug, congrats on the new purchases, they all sound like they are all needed to me! :)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-19-2005, 8:01 AM
Doug....Congrats! We'll take the blame because at this site.......we're not a support group.....we don't put out the fires.........

WE FAN THE FLAMES!