PDA

View Full Version : One-arm project ideas?

James Carmichael
02-05-2012, 8:28 AM
Don't worry, all members and digits are attached. But I took a bad fall with my left arm extended, broke a bone in the shoulder socket and tore up some cartiledge (thank goodness not the right). A "Bankart fracture" casued by a "traumatic dislocation" they called it (is there non-traumatic disolcation:confused:)

This comes right after getting having a splint removed after ten weeks for a case of "mallet finger". That sounded pretty handy at first, so I wasn't sure I wanted it fixed:p. 10 weeks in the splint, and about a 22-degree bend looks like is as straight as it will ever be. It was bent at 45 degrees and never hurt in the least, and was fully functional, so I'm not sure the 10 weeks of total annoyance was worth it.

Man, getting old sucks!

Oh, and FYI: "Bankart fracture" has nothing to with either breaking wind or drilling a gas weill in a bank

Leigh Costello
02-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Oh boy, James! You are sure a lucky guy to get to discover one-armed projects. I don't have any for you but I can honestly say that I have never heard of a non-traumatic dislocation. I have had a shoulder go out - many times - for various reasons but never heard of that before. Uh, I don't recommend wood carving at this time. :p