PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic Expo, Ft. Wash., PA, Apr 14-15

Joseph N. Myers
03-18-2005, 6:41 PM
If you want to go to a "fun" show, this is it.

All the guys with the big stuff will be there, you know the ones that have machines as big as a house trailer, put some plywood/mdf/dimensional lumber in one end and it comes out as furniture at the other end. Lots of medium stuff also but larger than your Delta, PowerMatic, Laguna, etc (none of those companies are listed). Also lots of your hardware companies including one of my favorites, CSH (Customer Service Hardware). I don’t remember being able to buy too much stuff there, more like samples, literature, information and the likes.

That said, there are a few names that I recognize such as Accuride, Blum, Felder, Festool, JLT Clamps, Kreg Tools MiniMax, etc. In all, over 200 different companies. I’ve been to at least 5 in the past and have really enjoyed finding out how the big guys do it (and at the same time, get sick at how easy it is with the right/big equipment).

Register at www.midatlanticwoodexpo.com (http://www.midatlanticwoodexpo.com/). Admission is normally $20 but click Guest Registration, Enter Pass Code "NEW". You will want to do it before 3/23/05 as they will send you a badge, if after that, pick it up at the door. (If "NEW" doesn’t work, try "1108" which CSH gave me. If still not working, PM me - I have others or could add you to my "one man" company).

BTW, you think you are short on tools. This is the show that all these Amish come from miles around, just before planting season. The whole family comes (over 16) including the wives. They stand in front of all these "nice" machines dreaming of what it would be like. At times, you can see almost see the tears falling down into their beards.

Regards, Joe

Jim Becker
03-18-2005, 6:44 PM
'Got my badge and unless I have to travel for business for some reason, I'll be hanging out there on Friday afternoon...a great way to spend "tax day"!

BTW, folks, this is a "pro" show and will have a different feel than the touring "woodworkers" shows...and more big-iron.