PDA

View Full Version : Gloat- who was I trying to kid

Tom Sweeney
04-25-2003, 10:58 PM
A couple of hours ago I posted this about my plans for a new planer:
>>>Also I might have to try & have some self control because Dewalt is supposed to come out with a new model & whatever the Heck the new Delta X 5 line is might have something better.<<<

Well I went to woodworkers warehouse to "look at" the Delta & Dewalt planers.

Yup - the Delta 2 speed lunchbox planer followed me home - I don't know how it happened - I pulled into my driveway & getting out of the car I noticed a huge blue & white box in the back seat??? Must have jumped in there while I wasn't looking. :D ;)

It was $10 cheaper than at the woodcraft store & they have a get a tool free deal - I can either get a grinder, mobile base or some utility grinder I've never seen before. I can use all of them but I think I'll go for the mobile base & use it for my TS. :cool:

Steve Clardy
04-26-2003, 10:48 AM
how those things just appear in the truck when you get home. Happens to me once in a while. Never will figure that out. Oh well-----------------
Steve

Howard Barlow
04-26-2003, 3:19 PM
Well, since it happened, you will just have to make the best of it. You'll learn to adapt. I did. :D

Alan Tolchinsky
04-26-2003, 4:02 PM
I've had mine for awhile and it works great. With the second speed the wood comes out so smooth you hardly have to sand. The depth adjustment is great and easy to use. The only thing is that baby is LOUD. But aren't they all? I think a .357 magnum is quieter than a planer. :) Enjoy your new found orphan. Alan in Md.