PDA

View Full Version : Accufence for Powermatic 66

Lonnie Stephens
02-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Rehabing an old 66 but having trouble finding a parts diagram and manual on the Accufence. The manual for the 64A application is all that I could find. Set-up specs for tube height are needed and pads for fence are badly worn or missing. This info would give me a head start for ordering parts or fabricating them.

Van Huskey
02-04-2012, 10:38 PM
You may start here for 66 manuals:

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=655&tab=3

Lonnie Stephens
02-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks Van, Already been there. The trouble is that info on the fence is not in the tablesaw manual. It has its own manual and hopefully parts diagram. I suspect it might be that the fence system is possibly manufactured by others and rebranded. Appreciate the reply! :)

Kevin W Johnson
02-05-2012, 2:43 AM
I'm currently rehabing a 66 as well. Mine is a 1979 vintage, and came with a cast iron fence. Fun project, but i'll be glad when I'm done and can return the shop to normal. I just ordered new raising and tilting shafts as mine are bent. Next acquisition will be a VFD to run the original 3ph motor. Have any pictures yet?

Lonnie Stephens
02-05-2012, 9:02 AM
Not pretty enough for pictures! It's a late 60's machine with a later model accufence. Going to get mechanically sound before paint.

Kevin W Johnson
02-05-2012, 2:58 PM
It's actually quite nice to see the before and after on a restoration. Mine was still in pretty good shape, but I figured if I was going to tear it down to clean it I may as well do it all at once. This is how mine started out.

Lonnie Stephens
02-05-2012, 3:42 PM
If you have not already bot some locking knobs for your lift and tilt wheels there are some nice all metal pieces currently available . I am still looking for a good cast table extension at a reasonalble price. Good Luck!

Carroll Courtney
02-05-2012, 3:57 PM
Found this,http://content.powermatic.com/manuals/M_2195075Z.pdf and http://www.mikestools.com/download/DeltaTableSawManuals/BC30, BC50.pdf
Looks like several of us doing the same thing except mine is an 82 model,just put a coat of primer on the inside of the cabinet----Carroll

Kevin W Johnson
02-05-2012, 4:53 PM
Yeah, I saw those as I have ordered a couple things from that seller. They can also be ordered from Powermatic, part #3582222, for $6.75 ea. My saw is missing one of the knobs, but I do have the locking pin. I have considered just making a set of knobs out of some white Corian for it.

Kevin W Johnson
02-05-2012, 5:13 PM
Lonnie I sent you a PM.

The first link that Carroll posted should have the parts numbers to the pads you need. I don't have an Accufence, so I don't know for sure. I see one pad, part# XF2-108 which is on the underside of the fence towards the rear of the saw, and part# 3575081, Fluoroway Pad (2) which is on the part that slides the rail, and part# XF2-133 which is listed as a foot pad.

The setup info on it should be there as well.

Lonnie Stephens
02-05-2012, 8:07 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. And...the manual Carroll sent is for the mod 64 fence. I have had that model and they are a little different from the fence used on the 66. You do sometimes find that parts are similar.

Kevin W Johnson
02-05-2012, 8:56 PM
You may just need to call Powermatic..... As long as the parts are still available, they should be able to figure out what you need and get them to you.