PDA

View Full Version : Rigid TS 3650 Herculift help

Michael Mayo
02-04-2012, 9:49 PM
I posted on the classifieds for a Herculift and I actually had a member here who also lived in CT. respond telling me had a brand new in the box Herculift. So we met up on Friday and i picked it up. I went to install it today and found that the leg brackets that the rest of the assembly attaches to don't even come close to fitting inside the legs of my Rigid TS 3650 saw stand? I have tried to find some info on Rigids site but there are no part number breakdowns for the Herculifts that i could find. The Herculift I bought from Todd is a Herculift Plus AC 9950 model and it states it is designed to fit ANY Rigid tool with an open base stand. I am wondering if they made different versions of this lift and maybe the brackets in the one i got were for smaller stands/bases? The brackets seem to be for a stand with a much tighter radius on the inside of the stand legs.

If anyone has a TS 3650 with the Herculift installed and would be willing to snap a couple of pictures of your installation for me I would be eternally grateful. I took my home made base with casters off to install the Herculift and now my saw is stuck in the middle of the garage because i cannot move it around easily. I had to fashion a hoist using a come-along attached to the joist in my garage just so I could lift the saw off the ground and take my casters off and I don't want to try and lift it up again as it was a real PIA! If nobody can help I guess I will wait till Monday and call Rigid to see what they have to say. Man I was so excited to get this lift installed and be able to move the saw around easily and then drop it down to a normal height for sawing.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Michael....I'll go get a camera and post some photos in a few minutes.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Here you go.....Hope this helps......

Ken Fitzgerald
02-04-2012, 10:45 PM
BTW....you don't need to lift the saw to install it. It's a rather "loose" installation and fit but it works like a charm. One of those "Cheap and works well" devices.

Michael Mayo
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Ken,
Thank you so much for the pics that is exactly what I needed to see. The Herculift I bought must have been for smaller tools. It seems to have all the same parts as yours except the leg brackets are smaller in the angle/radius so they don't fit (too small) the inside radius of the legs on the 3650. I will have to call Rigid on Monday and see if I can get the bigger brackets or make something up that does fit. These are very important brackets because they set the height of the assembly so that the casters will position properly so it will be somewhat difficult to fabricate something but if I need to then I will figure it out. Again many thanks for the pics it is exactly what i thought but without a pic to confirm I was guessing.

Michael Mayo
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
BTW....you don't need to lift the saw to install it. It's a rather "loose" installation and fit but it works like a charm. One of those "Cheap and works well" devices.

I know I did not have to lift it for the Herculift but I did have to lift it to remove the DIY casters I had put on. They were permanent and did not retract and in order for me to remove them I had to lift the whole saw off the ground. When I put them on I leaned the saw over on one side but I have completely aligned the table and everything else so i didn't want to turn the saw over onto one of it's sides and risk throwing all of the alignments out of whack.

Jim O'Dell
02-05-2012, 2:04 PM
That Herculift model number sounds like the universal unit that HD sold. I've got 3 of them on other bases, none of them Ridgid. I bet you could redrill the legs to accept the new corner pieces and it would work ok. Unless the holes would be too close to the existing holes. That might be too weak to be safe. Went out and looked...all of the corner pieces on mine, including the one that come with my Ridgid saw, older grey model, look identical. Even the same color. Curious. Jim.

Michael Mayo
02-05-2012, 8:58 PM
Well I spent the better part of the day trying to get the Herculift to work with what it came with. I tried using the outside mounting brackets as the inside corner brackets were too small. I tried every possible combination and adjustment I could come up with. Unfortunately the Herculift would not work properly with the legs installed on the outside mounting brackets. So I went to the Rigid parts website and ordered the correct parts for the TS 3650 Herculift. I also ordered a couple of other parts the saw did not come with when i bought it. So hopefully by weeks end I will have the correct parts to put this thing together and use it. Thanks for the help gentlemen it was very much appreciated.