PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Epilog with Win 7

Martin Boekers
02-04-2012, 4:27 PM
I am trying to get a new computer set up with my Epilog EXT. I though I new how to instal a drive
but I guess not. :(

Ant help is appreciated. (Epilog site doesn't show the driver portion)

Thanks!!!

Bill W. White
02-04-2012, 10:25 PM
I just went thru this with my epilog mini 18. I tried to do it myself to start with like you and finally gave up and called epilog service. What a great company, the tech support guy had me up and running in about 20 minutes after he went thru all the setting etc. I could have never done it without there help as it was way over my pay grade... Hats off to a great company and service dept is absolutely top drawer....Bill W.

Mark Ross
02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Martin,

A few months back the Epilog WIN64 print driver had some issues, it was recommened to use the WIN32 driver. I am sure they have probably addressed this issue. If not, did your new computer come with the version of Windows 7 that can do Windows XP shells?

Chris DeGerolamo
02-06-2012, 1:00 PM
Upgraded to w7 x64 not too long ago without issue...just got driver from http://www.epiloglaser.com/downloads.htm and used ethernet cable.

Martin Boekers
02-06-2012, 2:26 PM
I got hold of Epilog this morning and they got me running! I got the driver loaded
but couldn't get it to talk with the laser. I have 2 computers now running, each to
it's own laser. I have 4 computers total that I want to be networked in so each can
access a NAS drive, both lasers, 2 laser printers & a Dye-Sub printer. I have a new
notebook that I am setting up for the vinyl cutter and Epson WF printer. Since I don't
use this everyday, I added to the stand the printer and note book. That way I can
store it, then roll it out when needed. I have my work cut out!

The computers that are running now are much faster and less crashes (so far) than
my old XPs!

Can't wait untill it's totally up and running. So far 7 seems much better that XP
I was worried for a while there.

Dave Russell Smith
02-07-2012, 4:57 PM
Win 7 has been so stable for me, I just use the USB connection straight of with no problems