PDA

View Full Version : Lesson from Facebook

Tom Winship
02-04-2012, 9:55 AM
After seeing that the grafitti artist who painted the lobby of Facebooks headquarters took stock options instead of pay, and that he is now worth $200 M, I have made an offer to all the lathe and associated turning equipment manufacturers.

Give me unlimited access and ownership of requested tools and I will give you stock options for when I go public.

So far, no responses, but it is Saturday. They are probably closed. Sure I will here from them early next week.

John Keeton
02-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Tom, I will be watching this plan closely - if it works, I plan to be right behind you!!!!;)

Tom Winship
02-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Tell you what I'll do, John, bring me that 1642 of yours and I'll cut you in for half, right now?

terry mccammon
02-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Tom

I can tell you that from my 40+ years as a consulting engineer accepting options vs. cash, when I could afford it, I should have taken the cash.

Andrew Kertesz
02-04-2012, 12:09 PM
While he will be extremely wealthy that figure is based purely on expectations of the IPO. If for some reason it fizzles (highly unlikely) it could be a lot less. It would be a great hardship to only be worth 100 million...:D

Dave Wagner
02-04-2012, 12:52 PM
I don;t believe they have even tapped the Chinese? market yet with Facebook, due to the censorship of the internet, that would add about how many billion people? I watching the special the other night on Facebook, I can't believe the numbers, thousands are signing up everyday!

Jim Underwood
02-04-2012, 1:23 PM
So.... you made an offer to all those manufacturers to graffiti paint their lobby?

Have you been holdin' out on us Tom? Something you need tell us?

Tom Winship
02-04-2012, 4:36 PM
No, Jim. Just made them an offer contingent on me becoming an expert at anything (highly unlikely) in the future. I mean that is like slavery, correct? Think I will follow the NFL guys and start suing.

Bill Wyko
02-04-2012, 4:46 PM
I think I may have to follow in your (and Face books) foot steps. I need a Powermatic or an American Beauty. Who's looking for a good investment? I'm determined to be successful at turning.:D:D

Jim Underwood
02-04-2012, 4:57 PM
It's ok Tom. If you don't wanna come clean about your nocturnal obsession it's alright. But if you post a picture of a graffiti painted turning, we'll all know the truth...;)