PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need lumber source - clear pine

daniel lane
02-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi, all -

I debated writing a long, pleading message, but the short version just seems so much more efficient: I used to live in TX and the SE (TN, GA, AL) for a long time, and have a soft spot in my heart for clear pine for certain projects. I live in California now, and can't find a decent source for clear pine, especially for clear Eastern White Pine, which is by far my favorite. Does anyone know of good pricing mail-order providers from whom I can source some of this? I'm getting to where I'm going order 100bf+ just to have it on hand, and I can't find anything that isn't knotty or yellow. :(

TIA,

daniel

Lee Schierer
02-04-2012, 9:47 AM
It won't be the cheapest place, but our local Home Depot carries clear white pine. I found some really nice stuff several years ago that I used for a pantry for my DIL.222482

Dick Mahany
02-04-2012, 10:29 AM
It is expensive, but Southern Lumber in San Jose has a huge selection of clear pine ( and numerous varieties of hardwoods. It is all milled to finished thickness and available in many thicknesses. No mail order but might be worth a drive sometime,