PDA

View Full Version : EZ Smartguide first impressions

Gary Herrmann
03-18-2005, 9:59 AM
My EZ arrived yesterday. I ordered the plastic storage case so I wouldn't have to find or build a box to store it in. Seems very well constructed. I drilled the holes in my saw base last night and mounted it on the guide. One Tnut is a little crooked - I must have angled the drill a bit. I'll probably leave that one a bit loose, rather than having the Tnut stick out of the little depression in the base. The other 3 are very snug. By the time I was done if was almost 9pm - 4 yr old was asleep. Can't run the saw...

Hopefully I'll get the guide set up tonight. Tomorrow I had already planned on picking up some Mahogany ply for a bookcase I'm building, so I'll get to test it.

Cool minor side note - the EZ saw guide fits on my Milwaukee saw well enough that I can leave it on the saw when I put it back in the saw case.

Jeff Sudmeier
03-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Gary, congrats on the guide! It is nice that the guide fits well enough to keep the saw in the case. Mine does as well!

Dennis Peacock
03-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Gary,

I got my EZ setup and working to include the router setup. It works GREAT and the router setup allows me to do dado cuts that I struggled with on my TS and now I have cut smoothly and very accurately dado's in plywood that fit like a glove with very clean edges on the veneers. Needless to say that I have fallen in love with a new and better way to do dado's and other things with the EZ setup. :D