PDA

View Full Version : Festool ETS 125 sander switch issues

Mac McQuinn
02-01-2012, 11:30 PM
I picked up a used Festool ETS 125 back last summer and currently working on a project which needed some fine sanding so I gave it a try. Sander worked reasonably well although I noticed the on/off rocker switch was very difficult to turn off requiring excessive pressure to do so. Has anyone had this problem? The sander does not appear to have a lot of miles on it so I'm a bit surprised to have this issue. Not sure if the switch needs replacement or some type of lubrication to ease things up a bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mac

Mac McQuinn
03-17-2012, 10:34 AM
I contacted Festool on this problem and they responded very quickly. Said to put some wax on the ends of the rocker switch. I used Beeswax on the posts and rocker ends and reassembled the sander. Works great.
Mac

I picked up a used Festool ETS 125 back last summer and currently working on a project which needed some fine sanding so I gave it a try. Sander worked reasonably well although I noticed the on/off rocker switch was very difficult to turn off requiring excessive pressure to do so. Has anyone had this problem? The sander does not appear to have a lot of miles on it so I'm a bit surprised to have this issue. Not sure if the switch needs replacement or some type of lubrication to ease things up a bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mac

Steven Hsieh
03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Mine did the same thing. I unscrewed the cap off and realigned it. but Thats good you fixed it.