PDA

View Full Version : Box of Wood Winner!

Kathy Marshall
02-01-2012, 11:13 PM
For those who may have missed my post in the other thread, and to save everyone from having to scroll the other thread, I'm reposting the results here.

I want to thank everyone for participating, and there sure was a bunch of you! It sounds like you all enjoyed playing as much as I enjoyed hosting!

The winning number was 39.

Ill try my age 39

Congratulations to Dwayne McDowell!

Dwayne, I'll be sending a PM shortly.

This has been alot of fun and I've enjoyed reading all the posts! Hope you've all had fun too! I think I may just do this again in a month or so, and throw in a little twist to make it even more interesting!

John Keeton
02-02-2012, 6:44 AM
Congrats to Dwayne, and thanks to you, Kathy, for being so generous.

Brian Weaver
02-02-2012, 7:24 AM
Thanks for the opportunity Kathy, it was a great idea and I think everyone had fun with it. Way to be 39 Dwayne.

Mike Cruz
02-02-2012, 7:41 AM
I think this contest was rigged! Fixed, I tell ya, fixed...:D

Steve Vaughan
02-02-2012, 8:57 AM
It was a very, very cool idea! Glad you thought of it! Congrats to Dwayne!

Steve Campbell
02-02-2012, 8:58 AM
Thanks for doing this Kathy. While I kind of wish I could have won, I think the gesture is even more notable.
Thanks again for doing this...

Steve

Betty Fox
02-02-2012, 9:10 AM
I was gonna say thirty-nine, really I was.
Great idea Kathy.

Joe Herrmann
02-02-2012, 9:52 AM
Thanks Kathy, so nice of you to do this. It was fun!

Steve Schlumpf
02-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Congrats Dwayne! I look forward to the photos of your prize as well as the turnings you create from it!

Primvs Aebvtivs
02-02-2012, 1:52 PM
Again, thanks to Kathy for sharing, and causing some smiles along the way too! I can't believe (although I've heard of her generosity), that she'll send me wood, if I pay for postage! I know Curtis is waiting for one check, so I'll have to get MORE stuff made and sold...

Dwayne McDowell
02-02-2012, 9:14 PM
Thank you very much. I cant believe I picked the right number. I am new to turning and just purchased a lathe a couple weeks ago. I cant wait to start turning. Thanks again for your generosity.

Doug W Swanson
02-02-2012, 9:21 PM
Congrats Dwayne! Did you join SMC just to enter this contest?:)

Welcome to the vortex!

Donny Lawson
02-02-2012, 9:24 PM
Congrats Dwayne, Kathy has some great wood. I think the Sisso is alot better than my walnut. Great grain. You will have a ball with it.

Faust M. Ruggiero
02-02-2012, 9:38 PM
Kathy,
You're a "Touch of Class".
faust

Kathy Marshall
02-02-2012, 9:40 PM
Thank you very much. I cant believe I picked the right number. I am new to turning and just purchased a lathe a couple weeks ago. I cant wait to start turning. Thanks again for your generosity.
You're welcome Dwayne! It's always nice to push someone a little deeper into the vortex :D, the pull is strong and there is no escape!

Steve Mawson
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Great idea Kathy. I am never gone and then this week to be out of town, without computer, and miss all the fun. Dwayne, tell you for sure, Kathy has some great wood. You know now everyone will be waiting to see what you make. Get ready to do some turning and picture taking.