PDA

View Full Version : Jessem Mast-R-Lift and Benchdog ProMax RT Router Table problems

Glen Lender
02-01-2012, 10:38 PM
After reading a post here stating that they could go together OK I made sure that Jessem did indeed have a version of their Mast-R-Lift that came with the 8 1/4 x 11 3/4 plate size that Benchdog used & I purchased both the Jessem Mast-R-Lift and Benchdog ProMax RT cast iron router table. Needless to say I would have preferred their current model (the Mast-R-Lift II), but the money just wasn't there and their previous model seemed OK to me for the price.

I finally got it all set up and after noticing that the lift's holes didn't match up to the tables ledge, I investigated some more & found out that Jessem uses "snugger bars" to secure their lifts. OK, I am fine with that. Needless to say I had to email Jessem and get them sent to me since I was not sent any snugger bars originally. Today I got a small and large bar - neither of which fits any holes in the plate. Apparently they sent the snugger bars for the current model (the Mast-R-Lift II). So. I am wondering if anyone who has a Jessem Mast-R-Lift (NOT the Mast-R-Lift II) could enlighten me on whether or not they are using snugger bars and if so could they describe what holes they are using or at least the dimensions of their snugger bars. I have emailed Jessem and I am going to follow up tomorrow with a phone call but I have seen several articles on their customer service and I am trying to hedge my bets on getting good information by asking here. All clues\tips\information warmly welcomed. Thanks.