PDA

View Full Version : Laser Tile Mural

David McHenry
02-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a mural that is 12 by 18. I'm going to laze it onto 6x6 tiles using corell draw. I have only done worked with single tiles but I have been told that when using multiple tiles to laser them one at a time. Epiloge has a tutorial on how to break a photo into seperate tiles but its for corell 12 and does not work in x5. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Dave

Mark Sipes
02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Create a grid on a page that is 18 x 12 3 tiles x 2 tiles . add image to page. select image and pull down "Power Clip" , select grid frame. Image is now a grid...... Ungroup and place each image into engraving format. remove hairline border so as not to raster onto tile.

May have to add additional space on tiles if the tiles have built in spacers. normally 1/8" between tiles.

Hope this works for you! if not go to

http://www.canadianengravers.com/pdf/HowTo-Multi-Tile-Murals.pdf

Martin Boekers
02-02-2012, 9:14 AM
JDS just introduced a line of frames that hold tiles. They come in multiple sizes.
You may want to check them out.

David McHenry
02-02-2012, 9:41 PM
Thanks for the tip. I was able to get it to work with help from the pdf file you attached. I'll post a pic when I get it engraved. I''l look at those frames also Martin. I was going to make some but it might be better off just ordering them.

David McHenry

Mark Sipes
02-04-2012, 1:42 PM
Can't wait to see results.... Also tell us which tiles were used.. ie actual LaserTile or other...