PDA

View Full Version : An early morning chuckle courtesy of Ethan

Frank Pellow
03-18-2005, 7:46 AM
Thoese of you who followed my shop building thread, have met my grandson Ethan (current age about 2 and 3/4).

I thought some of you you would appreciate a conversation that I had with Ethan at 5:50 this morning. He and his 5 year old sister Isla have been staying with us for the last three days and nights because both their parents are sick.

Ethan called me at 5:45 because he wanted his diaper changed. Ethan is toilet trained except at night and is quite intolerant of anything that happens while he has been sleeping.

Ethan: Can we get up?

Frank.: It's still nighttime.

Ethan: The sun is up.

Frank (holding Ethan in his arms and going to the window): No it's not;
see.

Ethan: Your sun is up.

Frank: The sun is not up yet.

Ethan: It's me your grandSON. I'm up.

We got up.

John Daugherty
03-18-2005, 7:58 AM
Frank,

Being the father of a four year old "sun" I can relate. Thanks for sharing and getting my day off with a laugh!

Jerry Clark
03-18-2005, 8:27 AM
To funny-- great how kids can think-- My son was transfered on a temp assignment-- The family went with him. They told their 3 year old daughter they were going to Seattle. When they got there she said, "I want to see Attle, and I want to go home.":)

Jeff Sudmeier
03-18-2005, 8:58 AM
Frank,

That is too funny and cute! Hope you have a wonderful day with your grandSON

Frank Pellow
03-18-2005, 9:15 AM
Jerry, you are bang on when you say "great how kids can think". They really never cease to amaze me. I wrote down several things that my children said and I am continuing to do that with my grandchildren and with the children of friends. Reading those notes from time to time always makes me feal better.

Jim Becker
03-18-2005, 9:26 AM
Frank, you need to save these things for him for the future...that was adorable! (And quite all-knowing when you think about it...)

Donnie Raines
03-18-2005, 12:36 PM
That is cute. My daughther(who is a girl scout, among other things) said to me one day: Dad, what happens if you don't sell any insurance?..My response was...we don't eat. She looked at me and said, I guess that means you need to buy some of my girl scout cookies so we can eat.

..I was hooked... :cool: :D

Thanks for shareing Frank!

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Frank
That's wonderful, I love it.
My grandson is 21 months and it amazed me that he is reciting colors including "genta" and "troose" along with red, green, blue, etc.
Frank,
You have to teach him the alphabet backwards. z y x w v u t etc.
There is a long story that goes along with that.
Oh! did you get a copy of "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel" as yet? Have you read it?
Best regards
Daniel

John Daugherty
03-18-2005, 12:50 PM
When my son was 3 I was in the basement working on a water leak in the bathroom. I was cutting out copper and putting in new pipe. It was a messy job. He came into the bathroom and needed to use the facilities. In his normal manor he had to strip naked to go. We were home alone and I was a mess so I didn’t put his cloths back on after he had completed his business.
As with any toddler if they are quiet for more than a short time they are usually into something. I did not hear him for a while, so I stuck my head out the door. He was sitting on the bottom stair playing with something between his legs. I eased up behind him and asked what he was doing. He looked up and replied “it is stuck”. I looked to see what he had. He had been playing with an adjustable wrench, and had closed it on his “manhood” down to about ¼ inch. He was gently tugging on the wrench but could not get it off.

Mike Scoggins
03-18-2005, 1:59 PM
John,

That's hilarious!!! Poor little guy would probably still be there with his wrench if you hadn't checked on him...you know the pride thing. :rolleyes: Thanks for sharing that! :D

Mike

Frank Pellow
03-18-2005, 8:42 PM
Frank
That's wonderful, I love it.

Thanks, the more I think about it, the more it amazes me.

My grandson is 21 months and it amazed me that he is reciting colors including "genta" and "troose" along with red, green, blue, etc.

Great! I did not know about these colours until I was well into my twenties.

Frank,
You have to teach him the alphabet backwards. z y x w v u t etc.
There is a long story that goes along with that.

Ethan does not even know it forwards yet. But, my 4 year old grandaughter Leah can recite it both forwards and backwards and in both French and English.

So, what's the story?

Oh! did you get a copy of "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel" as yet? Have you read it?
Best regards
Daniel
I have never read the book. But, I just looked it up on Amazon and and I am sure that we would enjoy the book. I take the children to the libray about once a month and will look up the book up the next time that we are there.

Mike Cutler
03-18-2005, 9:10 PM
Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel!! Wow, that was my favorite book as a kid, in fact I think it still might be my favorite book,and I'm 46. Of course Curious George was a good book also.
Frank, you gotta get that book ;)