PDA

View Full Version : A WHAT saw?

steven c newman
02-01-2012, 8:24 PM
While in the shop tonight, working on a re-hab for a backsaw, found another that MIGHT get a newer handle. A "Powrkraft"? 222238 at least with this one, I won't have to go out and steal another saw's sawnuts.:eek:

george wilson
02-01-2012, 8:33 PM
I think Powerkraft was a Montgomery Wards trade name,or some such catalog. It's been a long time since that name has come up.

Tony Zaffuto
02-01-2012, 9:46 PM
It was a Montgomery Wards line. I have one down in the accumulation somewhere.

steven c newman
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Worth fixing up? Handle is a bit rough. Seems to be a crosscut type.

At one time, I had an old Powrkraft drill press, 5 speeds, just couldn't keep a motor running on it. Also had an all metal"finishing sander" from them. Not sure where it vibrated off to.

Bruce Page
02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
I have a toolbox in the shop that’s full of Powrkraft mechanics tools. I bought them when I was a teenager. Like Sears, they had a lifetime warranty and were decent tools. Of course the warranty isn’t worth much now..

Jim Matthews
02-02-2012, 7:28 AM
At least sharpen it, to find out.

If the plate is straight, and it still has intact teeth...

James Carmichael
02-03-2012, 8:58 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think the PowerKraft line was the highest of quality. I have have one of their Master jack planes that belonged to my grandfather. It's equivalent to the handyman series.

Jim Koepke
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think the PowerKraft line was the highest of quality. I have have one of their Master jack planes that belonged to my grandfather. It's equivalent to the handyman series.

I think it depends on when it was made/sold.

I have a Stanley 45 that was branded and sold through Monkey Wards as we used to call it.

jtk