PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit.

Nate Davey
02-01-2012, 6:55 PM
I had the honor, privilege and pleasure of meeting Mike Ash today. Mike came all the way out from Oregon and we had the chance to get together for a short visit and wood swap. "Hero" is not a word I use lightly or would ascribe to a person often, my dad is my only hero. I would, however, consider Mike a hero as he and his mates sacrificed so much to give my generation what we take for granted. Due to the circumstances of our visit, we were unable to get a pic of the two of us, when he comes back in June we will get one. He brought out two spectacular pieces of wood for a swap; Redwood burl and a big piece of Madrone. I feel guilty as all I had for him was some rotten Maple with beetle fungus running through it. Mike also brought a HUGE piece of summer sausage from Gartners Country Meats, a taste of home. Thank you Mike for the great visit, I can't wait to see you again in June.

Russell Eaton
02-01-2012, 7:35 PM
Looks like all you need to do is make some shavings. Thanks for showing the loot.

Mike Cruz
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Another Creeker visit, what else could you want?

Also, I would highly recommend turning the two on the left, and not the one on the right...:D

David E Keller
02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun! Looking forward to the photos of round 2. That piece in the photo on the right looks a bit like some of my finials!

Doug W Swanson
02-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a great meeting! Looks like someone sampled the summer sausage. I hope it was tapped into after he gave it to you and not before:D....

Kathy Marshall
02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Looks like you're set! Some nice wood to turn and a little something to keep your energy up while you're turning!

David DeCristoforo
02-02-2012, 12:49 AM
I can't wait to see what you turn out of the sausage...

Nate Davey
02-02-2012, 7:13 PM
@ Dr. Keller, interestingly enough, it looks like my pedestal and finials.
@ DD, I don't think you want to see what I'm going to make of the sausage..:D