PDA

View Full Version : Additional storage space and other improvements for the vortex.

Ed Morgano
02-01-2012, 6:02 PM
I've had to take a break from turning several times in the recent past to add storage space and make other improvements. I just returned home from the TAW Symposium with another batch of burls and claro walnut that I didn't have room for. So, although this isn't exactly round, it's closely related.

Dust Collection hood........... Drawers under lathe.............. 24x36 Storage............. Clear Shower Curtain

Bill Wyko
02-01-2012, 6:31 PM
Ed, that is one cool lathe. Nice job sir.

James Combs
02-01-2012, 8:19 PM
Very nice set-up Ed, I like the shower curtains. It is real similar to what I have done to my turning cell except that I used shower curtain "rods" for my hangers. I would prefer something more like the ones you have, care to share the source? BTW I love it every time you show pics of your lathe. It is just unbelievable.

Ed Morgano
02-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Very nice set-up Ed, I like the shower curtains. It is real similar to what I have done to my turning cell except that I used shower curtain "rods" for my hangers. I would prefer something more like the ones you have, care to share the source? BTW I love it every time you show pics of your lathe. It is just unbelievable.

James,
My shower curtain rod is severl sections of 1/2" conduit. The hangers are made from coat hangers. A lot of trouble but I wanted to be able to slide all of the curtains out of the way.

Harvey Ghesser
02-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Most creative, Ed. Well done!