PDA

View Full Version : Powermatics Green Strip(Locating about 10')

Carroll Courtney
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Guys I know this is a vague question buy awhile back a guy in Corpus Christi Tx had restored his PM66 saw and had some extra green strips left over from his 80's-90 era saw.He either posted in the class section or in the gen. section and I did a search trying to locate him but no luck.Wondering if any body here may know of him that can provide some contact info.Looking for about 10' of the strip that is a dark green w/white border strips and maybe some red,can't remember.Tks for any help----Carroll

Kevin W Johnson
02-01-2012, 2:43 AM
I don't have any info about who he is.

However, I'm in the middle of restoring a PM66, and my plan is to use white vinyl to "pinstripe" it after I'm done painting. My saw (1979) is the dark green metallic with white stipes.

Bill Rogers
02-01-2012, 8:15 AM
I think that you are looking for Gilbert Vega.

Carroll Courtney
02-01-2012, 8:43 AM
Thats him Bill and thanks.Kevin my PM66 is the gold series which I think is an 82,guys thanks again for the help----Carroll

Don Jarvie
02-01-2012, 2:49 PM
If you can't find the pin strip you can always tape it off and paint it. I used a metallic green on my 74 PM 66 and went off the reservation a bit and didn't add the pin strip. I painted the fence, handles, etc black. Looks pretty spiffy.

Carroll Courtney
02-01-2012, 4:05 PM
Don,post some pics of your saw,love to see it.Where did you get the metallic green at,I've check tractor supply,auto supply and nothing.---Carroll

Kevin W Johnson
02-02-2012, 2:04 AM
Don,post some pics of your saw,love to see it.Where did you get the metallic green at,I've check tractor supply,auto supply and nothing.---Carroll

The '70's darker metallic green.... Rustolem makes a spray paint that color wise is a perfect match, #7211 Deep Green Metallic, its a "hammered" finish paint **but** if you apply it in THIN coats you avoid the hammered look. I found it at HD. I painted the motor cover today with it, using thin coats it looks pretty good and has just a slight texture to it. Rustolem also makes deep green in an "automotive" acrylic enamel, which is sold in 12oz spray cans. However, its satin, and doesn't appear to be metallic.

Don Jarvie
02-02-2012, 3:49 PM
I post a few tonight. I got my paint from Sherwin Williams Auto Paint store. Its American Motors Corp (AMC) metallic green. It was probably the same color as some AMC Pacer at one time.

The key is the hardner to spray on after. I used it on the whole saw and the fence which gets quite a work out doesn't have any chips yet.

Don Jarvie
02-02-2012, 8:02 PM
Here are a few pictures of the saw.

Carroll Courtney
02-02-2012, 8:52 PM
Don that is one gorgeous saw and the metallic green is perfect.----Carroll

Van Huskey
02-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Don, that is a gorgeous saw.

Carroll, thought of you today as I looked through a warehouse of old PM stuff! BTW if you ever decide to sell you green "Gumby" saw let me know, I could always use another 141!

Don Jarvie
02-03-2012, 2:35 PM
Thanks for the compliments.

Van, Were you buying or looking?

Van Huskey
02-03-2012, 2:39 PM
Thanks for the compliments.

Van, Were you buying or looking?

I went just looking but something REALLY caught my eye and heart. It isn't PM but it was made in the US and still is for that matter...

Van Huskey
02-05-2012, 8:35 PM
Carroll, have you tried Scott at Redmond Machinery, they have lots of old PM parts, I don't have any idea if they have tape or not.

Carroll Courtney
02-05-2012, 8:46 PM
Van,I can find the tape but I just don't need the 50'.Another poster suggested taking what I have to a sign shop and see if they can make it.On the 141 that I have was made by a sign shop so maybe they can do the green vinyl as well.I will keep you in mind if I decide to sell my favorite BS in the future which has the PM fence on it ----Carroll

Kevin W Johnson
02-05-2012, 8:51 PM
They should be able too. Color matching might be issue if you need an exact color. They can also do layered vinyl, using different colors if needed, say a green stripe on a white background. Then you would just apply it to the machine in one piece.